Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Back Brace

advertisement

Comments

• Hey Paula! This is my 3rd lumbar surgery and it still amazes me how engrained daily habit/movements are into our daily lives/routines!

So many times, I have gotten clothes out of the dryer, dishes in/out of the dishwasher, gotten in or out of bed/car, all bending and or rotating.

Without a brace you just have to be SO aware. Maybe you could ask your family members to watch out for you, ie be your BLT monitor!!

Good luck! Enjoy the spring! :)
  • 8} My dr. explained to me why he won't be giving me a back brace. He said that if you wera a brace, your muscles stay weak. The muscles need to get strong. And he said no bedside commode because he wants me up and walking to the bathroom.
  • advertisement
  • 8} My dr. explained to me why he won't be giving me a back brace. He said that if you wera a brace, your muscles stay weak. The muscles need to get strong. And he said no bedside commode because he wants me up and walking to the bathroom.
  • I am 4 weeks post op today and am very happy I wear a brace. It's an LSO type. I only have to wear it out of the house and I do wear it if I know I will be up for awhile because it helps remind me not to bend...I feel more secure when wearing it. But like others have said, surgeons have different requirements. I wouldn't feel safe in the vehicle or on my outings, like walks, or going to the store without it.
    Good luck with your surgery!
    Tamara
  • prdmomof2 said:
    I am 4 weeks post op today and am very happy I wear a brace. It's an LSO type. I only have to wear it out of the house and I do wear it if I know I will be up for awhile because it helps remind me not to bend...I feel more secure when wearing it. But like others have said, surgeons have different requirements. I wouldn't feel safe in the vehicle or on my outings, like walks, or going to the store without it.
    Good luck with your surgery!
    Tamara
    :) Thanks prdmom,
    I am hoping I am able to remember not 2 bend 2 much. I am sure I will remember not 2 cuz it will b painful. Good luck with your recovery
  • advertisement
advertisement