Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Incisions won't heal

Comments

• I'm there too! Sounds wonderful!

• ok, I need a translation please??
  • advertisement

• LOL Jelly -

I'm a former Girl Scout (think they're called Girl Guides in the UK), and s'mores are critical to successful camping. Here's the recipe:

Graham crackers
    Hershey's milk chocolate bars (or Cadbury would work as well)
    Marshmallows

Toast marshmallows over the campfire to desired degree of doneness, place between 2 graham crackers w/ a square of the chocolate, squish together and enjoy! Just let them cool a bit since hot sugar can give you a bad burn.

P.
  • Can't believe my girl guide camping days we didn't have those!
    We did toast the marshmallows, but fancy leaving out the chocolate!! I'll concede that the graham crackers are necessary to hold it all together. We don't have those - I wonder what our equivalents are. Any ideas?
    I wonder if they would take me back in the girl guides!
  • do you have crackers that maybe have honey or sugar in them?
  • advertisement
  • But you could probably just use a sweet biscuit :-)
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,745
    by my ortho! He said that's why it's taking so long to close up. He said, when they got me on the table, they could actually see the ipg. He said in 1 more day, It would have worked it's way out of the skin. So there was nothing left to sew. And he had to be a plastic surgeon for a day! It's pretty ugly, he should not ever quit his day job! He said, it's only been 10 days since the surgery, your rushing things a little. And that why it looks that way. It's not actually infected anymore. Just inflamed, leaking, and puffy.
    They obviously put the new unit in a new pocket and he said that one is almost closed up. The ANS rep reprogrammed me and although it was very difficult and took over 2 hrs. He got 4 programs that should be beneficial to me!
    I had forgot that this was also my 3 mo. post op XLIF fusion check up and x rays. Everything looked good and most importantly, I asked if I had achieved 30% fusion yet. And he said NO, more closer to 50%. So that means the restrictions are lifted. And I can concentrate on my mothers cancer and care! So I'll be relocating down in the valley for a while.
    Jeanie, I'll need a rain check on that Texas sunshine.
    Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • Great to hear that you are fusing and the restrictions are lifted!---you have definitely been through enough!!!I know you will feel better close to your mom-my prayers are with you-keep in touch-----we have lots of sunshine,so anytime
  • :D Nice to get an update on you. Great news about the 50% on the fusing.

Take care of you and I'll keep your mother on my prayer list. She's lucky to have a caring son.

Judy
  • Jim,

Glad to hear that you're improving and hopefully on the way to an easier recovery. Thoughts and prayers to you, your mom and family.

P.
advertisement