Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

In 1 moment of time

j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,745
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Matters of the Heart
Everything suddenly becomes very insignificant.
Pains, hurts, confusion, worry, depression, etc.
I live in the mountains. Too far from my medical teams to drive a round trip. So I go to a place I bought for my mother, that has enough room for my wife and I. Down in the valley. And stay, and only be 1 hr. from most of the Dr's.
My mother had a colonoscopy and upper G.I. on Tues. for what we thought may be a irritation, bug, or something else causing her indigestion. They said they found a protruding ulcer and would biopsy it for caution.
We got a call Thurs. shortly after I arrived, to tell her it was cancerous.
Suddenly my surgery problems are of no importance to me.
Life can take sudden turn. In 1 moment of time.
Jim
Click my name to see my Medical history
You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
advertisement

Comments

• I'm so sorry to hear this about your Mom. Hugs and praying for the right treatments for her. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • im sorry about the news, it must be a huge shock for u all, i pray ur mum will get better, with u and ur wife by her side, please remember to take care of u as well, all the best for a good outcome
  • advertisement
  • I'm sorry to hear about your mother. Things like this always seem to put things in a whole other perspective.

I'll say a prayer for you and your mother. Whenever I hear things like this, I think about the Eagles song, "In a New York Minute" - how true is that? I've also had my share of those "one minute that changed my life" moments and my heart goes out to you. It's never easy.

I hope they've caught it early and that she'll be able to recover with the love and support of her family.

Take care, Jim.
    Cathie
  • My mother has had two sections of intestine removed, over a foot in all, some 10 years ago since the last one.

They have gotten very good at kicking most of these type cancers butt, if it's the same as my moms.

I'll keep your mom and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Mom went through a rather rough patch, but is fine now. Her only lasting complaint is a colonoscopy every year. She always has polyps now to, they are small and removed as they appear.

We all here are pulling for your mom.
    Don't forget to take care of yourself to, it's hard to care for others when we don't care for ourselves.
    Especially for "us".
  • As everyone else has said, I am so sorry to hear your Mom is ill. Its amazing what they can do nowadays to treat cancer, I hope your Mom will be one of those wonderful success stories.

I'll be thinking of you and your family and send out some positive vibes and prayers.

Take care,
    Lisa
  • advertisement
  • Jim...I'm sorry and I will keep your mom in my prayers. It is so true what you say...I try to keep my pain and woes in perspective b/c I know in the grand scheme of things there are problems bigger and smaller than mine.

Again, you are in my prayers.
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,745
    This hasn't really sunk in yet. Or at least I haven't had time to digest it.I'll take things 1 thing at a time and do my best not to let it overwhelm me. I'm trying to focus on her comfort and new medical technology. It's a miserable wait right now for the rest of the biopsy tests to come back from back East next week. Until then we have some tests lined up. But nothing can be done with Oncology until they come back.
    Out of 6 kids, I'm the "guy", Always have been, always will be. It's just the way things are. So my wife and I will relocate down here for as long as necessary. I just hope I'm up to the tasks. Keep sending prayers please!
    Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • My thoughts are with your mom, you and your family. I hope the test come back quickly so that she can start with whatever it is that needs to be done.
    Kelly
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • so sorry to read of this news! :( i know with your kind spirit and loving heart you will be there with your mother! all the best for future good things! Jenny :)
  • My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I am a firm believer in the premise that "we are not given more than we can handle". Even though we may feel it is too much for us, it is remarkable at how we can rise to the occasion and accomplish what seems to be completely monumental.

All the best to you,

"C"
advertisement