Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Lower back & Neck Discs - Very tired

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,321
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Lower Back Pain
im waiting for acdf surgery on my neck as i have 2 discs herniated and have for the last 13 months, the last 4 months I have had bad lower back pain, an xray shows arthritis, curvatue and wear to the lower discs. Why would i get multiple problems? also my worst issue is weakness and tiredness, im shattered all the time, no energy even after a 10 hr sleep, all my muscles ache and hurt, feel like I have just run 20 miles all the time. Anything I should be worried about or is this normal? cheers
advertisement

Comments

• MetalneckMetalneck The Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,778
    if you are an asymptomatic young healthy person in their 20's. Around here ... what you are voicing is not unusual.

Couple Questions??

How many years young are you?

Have they tested for rheumatoid arthritis?

Was there an "event" that started all this? (auto accident - Fall - other trama)

Have you had general bloodwork done to check for ... diabetes ... anemia ... hypothyroidism ... lymes disease ... etc etc?

How is your general mental status?

Have you done physical labor your whole life?

Within these questions ... there maybe answers.

Welcome to our forum!!

Regards,

D
  • im 35 and normally very active, I cycle, swim etc. They have done no bloods and no other tests other than an MRI / CT and Xrays. Nothing started this as i can remember, I did fall off my bike 2 months before this all started and broke some ribs but 2 months in betweek they say it would not be that. I have a desk job but keep active the rest of the time, meantally im good :)
  • advertisement
  • MetalneckMetalneck The Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,778
    Since you stated that "my worst issue is weakness and tiredness, im shattered all the time, no energy even after a 10 hr sleep, all my muscles ache and hurt"

May I suggest that you get a complete physical exam WITH BLOOD CHEMISTRIES. As many of these symptoms can have other causes then spinal origins.

Keep us posted,

D
This discussion has been closed.