Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
Data Entry Job – SCAM!

We are aware that someone out there is using our CEO’s name and our company name to “recruit” people for a data entry job. It is a fake. Please do not give them any of your personal information. We are not now, nor have we ever, had data entry positions available.

questions about acdf

advertisement

Comments

• Lela,

I too bring my hubby, especially if surgery is on the future plate! I found like you, he is another set of ears and might (mostly does) remember more than I of what the doctor said. I discovered another benefit of his being there? I don't know if it is a guy thing or what, but they seem to talk more "relaxed" about my condition and options than my doc and I do!

As others have said, write down your questions and concerns, and here is something else I have found works great! Doctors I find don't always read my notes or diary, so I took a dermatome map for the body (back / front) outline. On it I used a fine red marker for the pain areas, light brown for the numb areas, and black dots for the "funky and tingly" areas. I find that helps with a lot of the "where does it hurt, what can you feel" questions, plus he can see in a snapshot what is going on. I like pictionary now!!! Just a thought!

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    I'm going to be 44 this summer and due to all my medical problems it's been suggested I not work. So many of my friends are supportive and surprisingly the LTD company has approved me and said they'll refer me to one of their SS attorney vendors. People tell me "you look so good, so different". I think that's because I disliked my job (Due to my boss). So I still want to be productive but am sort of in agreement that returning to work may not be an option. If I get through the SS process and am approved I can make up to $1000/mo and it doesn't affect my SS. It may slightly affect my LTD but that would be fine. I just can't see doing nothing!
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos 
  • advertisement