Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

I am so fed up!!

Comments

• I'm late to the party but I totally understand you. I'm starting to do more around the house but still have to be careful. My husband, God bless him, is doing stuff but he also doesn't see dirt (or wants it to be so bad that he sees a difference when he cleans).

Last night I came home to the vaccuum and realized that he vaccuumed AND did the kitchen floor...I nearly cried b/c the house finally looked clean.

The dust is still here and I do what I can, when I can but I can't do my full-on cleaning and I hate it.

I'm glad you have a friend coming over to help. It is so difficult to not be able to do as much which means you actually have time to notice everything you aren't doing...but at the end of your life....will you really be thinking "Darn, I wish I cleaned more?' Nope...you will say "thank goodness, I let my friend come over to lift my spirits and for me to listen to what's going on in her life and offer her support".

Hugs...oh, and if you find a Male Maid that's pleasing to the eye...please don't be selfish, remember there are other people here that would benefit from the service.
  • Hi Jelly! Really it doesn't matter about the state of your house. I know that I tried to do some housework too soon and regretted it. I think you just have to train yourself to think like a man! If they can't see the mess then neither can you!
    I am 7 months post op tomorrow (PLIF L5S1) and only really did "proper" cleaning for the first time last week! I have been doing the "cat's lick" for a while but I just couldn't ignore the mess any more. My husband just didn't do the things that I would do. I have to point out that he has been out of work since before my op so has had all day to clean but...... It seems to take him 20 times longer than me. He did come out with "I can't do all the house stuff as well as my own things"! Which has made me wonder how I manage and still go to work??? Anyway....So I have finally cleaned the mud off the walls (two retreivers) and hoovered the cobwebs etc.
    I think that maybe I could have done it earlier but I suffered so much when I went back to work that I was afraid of the doing too much syndrome. Also I prioritised my swimming and walking regime over the boring cleaning regime!!! LOL.
    I have to say that I am OK now and the housework didn't cripple me so I am glad that I left it so long. If people judged me on the state of the house I don't care! Let them have meccano stuffed in their spine and see how much vacuuming they do!
    So, in short, "them as matter don't care and them that care don't matter".
    Hope you keep on with what sounds like fab progress!
    Love Helen
  • advertisement
  • You're so right nel, by the time I have got myself up and ready (takes longer than it used to) and then done my 2 walks and exercises, a little nap if I need one (after not sleeping well at night) a spell of time on spine Health, there is very little time to do things like cleaning!!! Lol!! No, really, I am slowly managing to contribute more to the running of the house, but I do have to be careful. I have hurt myself a few times! :-(

I love the support and understanding I get here. thanks everyone! :-)