Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

3 month post-op appointment with neuro?????

Comments

• For postop fusions ultimately? Is their an actual number limit? Killians post about lifting >100 lbs, made me wonder what is globally accepted limit.

I still can't lift 10 lbs without feeling things pull in my back.

Since I'm going for my 6 month visit in 2 weeks, i need to have my surgeon give me these limitations in writing to give to my boss when I'm ready to go back to work.

Killian, please be careful, take it easy...this is from one that knows. I've had three times where Im one step forward, and three steps back, just be pushing a little to much.

Take it easy!!!

Lisa
  • When you get the weight limitations from your surgeon, please let us know what he says :-)
  • advertisement
  • to what I was told Killian 123.

I had one appointment with the surgeon post PLIF L5-S1 at about 7 weeks. He had an x-ray taken, said that the hardware was where it was supposed to be, and told me that I was good to go. He "doesn't believe in bringing people back over and over again", so unless I have a problem I won't be going back. Otherwise I can call and schedule an appointment.
    He threw in physio almost as an after thought, because he thought I seemed like I had a "fairly active" lifestyle. I'm 40, have a physical job plus some farm chores.
    When I asked him if could really do "anything", he said yes, but when pressed he pointed out that if I over did it I'd be miserable for a couple of weeks at a time. Pretty vague advice...
    I've been going to a great physiotherapist ever since. He seemed surprised that I had all restrictions lifted so early.
    I'm just over 4 months out from surgery now. Ask me one week and I think I'm doing fantastic. Ask me another and I think I need to call the surgeon back up. It's very much been a two steps forward, one step back kind of recovery. I do know though, that his "you'll be back to work in 6 weeks" was VERY optimistic. I'm doing light chores now, but I'm no where ready to go back to doing what I was.
    I'm another Canadian. I do think things are handled differently up here.

cheers,

Lisa
  • Killian:

I'm at over 3 months too, I'm still on BLT restrictions and sometimes its felt like if I could bend it might help as in certain pains(stiffness).(I'm 41) Mine is supposed to see me in a month, then I start PT, then at 6 months then a year.

All I could say is be careful. Him to not see you till 12 months, My last appointment they said they were going to check on this next one to see if it was fused at 4 months or fusing.

Good Luck
advertisement