Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Gwennie17

tonyanwisconsinttonyanwisconsin Posts: 189
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I was suprised to log on this morning and find that she was banned. Does anyone know any other way of contacting her? She lives very close to me and she is an important part of my support here online. Please PM me if you have an email address or anything...I never asked her for one because we always PM'd on this site.

Tonya
advertisement

Comments

• I am shocked and hope this is not the case! Where did you find this info! She has been so helpful and a amazing support to so many!
  • Look at any of her posts and it says it below her name. And you can no longer PM her either...She has been banned. She had told me that she had received warnings in the past.
  • advertisement
  • i have just spent about an hour looking at posts from the past 24hours, looking at some gwennies replies (and those of others) and can find no violations...even see the note in the sig. line stating that she is not in med. field and all info based on personal exp.

what i DID see was very thought out and researched responses to avariety of questions with links to approved spine health sites for even more information.

perhaps there was something in chat that i am unaware of?

but frankly, i see other members be far more direct in telling folks they NEED to have THIS test done, or try THAT therapy!

JMHO
    DAWN
  • I would like an explanation from the authorites in here please. I feel the same as "hopeless" above me. As I haven't read a post of gwennies that might have been crossing the line of rules in here. On the other hand, there are a handful in here that DO cross the line on a continual basis, day in & day out. If gwen is banned, then so should the others that think they "know it all". At least gwennie has educated answers!
    I am very saddened that she is banned.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,526
    This is something that just didnt happen, so reading a couple weeks of posts would not identify the problem.
    I am talking about months of this.

I will respect Gwennie's privacy and not go into what the final straw was and banning was done.

Also, keep in mind, since we have repeatedly stated a problem with members playing doctors, we look for that often. When we find some, we act quickly on that. So far, after we have approached a member, that particular action ceased.

Besides looking for those members that come across with medical advice, we also look for those members that tell others members things like:

- Insist that your doctor orders a MRI
    - Demand additional dosage of pain medications
    - Refuse Physical therapy

Do we miss some? Sure,
    there are so many posts, so many members and just a handful of volunteers here trying to keep things running smoothly.

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • advertisement
  • Keep in mind that none of you see what goes on pm's, but many members here do send pm's to us. All the rules still apply to all pm's that apply to the forums.
  • if-just to make sure i'm understanding this right-i ask someone for specific help/tips/suggestions, and then oh i don't know, no longer care for that person or have a grudge against them-i could PM a mod the PM and create a problem?

not that I would do that, but i now want to be very sure that if that COULD happen, I am now MUCH MORE CAUTIOUS in what I say and where....

I may not be very visable/vocal on this site, but i would hate to be stabbed in the back either!!!
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,526
    Believe me, we can see when someone is just trying to spin a web.

We work with facts and honesty.. Plain and simple

Games we do not play
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • dilauro said:

Besides looking for those members that come across with medical advice, we also look for those members that tell others members things like:

- Insist that your doctor orders a MRI
    - Demand additional dosage of pain medications
    - Refuse Physical therapy
    Are people on this forum not smart enough to make a decision on their own? If anyone on a message board told me to do x,y, I would make my own decision based on research and my own common sense alone.

I don't find people who give "medical advice" on the www that threatening. When it is all said and done, I alone would make the final choice on whether or not I will "demand additional dosage...", for example.

Also, a lot of the advice on here is given with a "What I would do...". That only says what that particular person would do in any given situation. Different people have different dispositions, and they would handle situations accordingly.

Just my $.02
  • Gwennie was the matriarch of this site and will be sorely missed.
    I personally never saw anything that could have been construed as a problem, or that could have misled anyone.

What a shame!

I feel particularly sad that after all the support that she has given to others, as she approaches her surgery next month, she won't have the support of all her spiney friends. :''(
advertisement