Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

How to deal with the pain and feeling alone

Comments

• Sorry to hear that you are having some rough times. I wish you the best with all the legal stuff and I hope they can resolve things soon.

The question as to how I go on....that's a good one. Sometimes I wonder about that myself. My kids and hubby keep me going. I try to enjoy some of the simple things in life. I try not to get down on myself for not quite being the person I was a year ago. I may be different physically but my heart mind and soul are still the same.

I hope that this forum brings you some comfort and encouragement.
  • i know how you feel believe me.
    kris is right about work comp. so let the lawyers do their thing and get it fixed for you.
    with work comp. you unfortunally have to jump thru the hoops, and try every consertive measure available, then wind up getting a 2nd and 3rd opinion before they approve anything.
    thats what i've gone thru and my kids got tired of listening to me but they understood and were there for me.
    unfortunally work comp is a insurance co. and they love taking money in and hate paying it out. but in the end they will have too so be patient and listen to your lawyer

best wishes and hang in there
  • advertisement
  • good news today!!! nothing like waiting til the last minute but they approved the discogram today. so I will find out monday when that will be and the attroneys think that they will approve the surgery as well but they are setting a court date just incase. thankyou for all your thoughts and prayers I am very nervous about this test but I know that it has to be done. Has anyone had this test done? what can i expect?

thanks so much again
    charlotte
  • Charlotte,

So good to hear that things are finally coming around and looking up for you! Please keep us posted on how it goes. Having the attorney getting a court date "just in case" is a very good move. Sounds like you are being represented with common sense and pre-thought. Good for you!!! *hug*

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • The best way to deal with pain and feeling alone is by reaching out - and you did. If you post enough, people will become familiar with who you are, you'll probably make some really good friends on the side (as well as on the board). A few that may last a lifetime.

Worker's comp. is just as difficult as disability, insurance companies, health insurance, etc. There's always red tape...but remember that the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Regards,
    Jasro

• advertisement
  • Thankyou all... I feel that all of you are truley the only ones that understand and that makes all have a true bond!!!! I should find out tommrow when my dicogram will be and so I hope surgery wont be to far after that. I wish that there was something that they could do for all of us so we would not have to live with this pain for the rest of our lifes :)...
    maybe someday they will!!!!
  • I am sorry to hear you are going through this. I also need back surgery and one that was covered by my insurance last year is now not covered so I am looking at alternative surgeries. It makes you feel helpless sometimes. Keep your head up!
  • avery

I am so sorry to hear that... I hope
    that you can get something done soon to
    make you feel better! I go wed. For my disc o gram I am a little scared about it but I know it has to be done.
    I am blessed that I have a great dr. I just love him he is one of the best in kansas! And he,
    also has back problems so he is very understanding to my pain. I hope after this test surgery won't be to far away.thankyou for your post and you keep your chin up to.i am so thankful to have this site because you all have been so helpful and starting to feel like a new family.

thankyou all char.
  • Thankyou all for your support!!! They have approved my surgery so I will be having a level one fusion on
    July 19th. I dont really know what to expect and I am very nervous but I know that it is the right choice for me and am so thankful that they have finally approved it. any advice would be appricated
    like how long does the surgery take, how long do you have to stay in the hospital and so on... my Dr is on vacation this week so I can not ask him all of these questions and his nurse kind of confuses me LOL... Thanks again for all your support.

Charlotte
  • Charlotte,

So glad to see things finally are going your way!!! I can almost feel your relief that this has finally been approved - and the 'light' at the end of the tunnel can finally be seen! Good for you woman!!! *HUGZ*

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.