Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Post-Op Pain

Comments

• Hi there...I had 2 surgeries through the same incision. The incision was a bit more sore for a few days but then actually healed much more quickly. They did use special nerve monitoring b/c they were concerned about going through the scar tissue and what not.

As for heading back more quickly after 2nd surgery - that surprises me. I thought I would head back quicker but my surgeon quickly told me...NO, he wanted me out longer b/c it was a 2nd surgery. He said my body needed more time to recover and that I needed to focus on me.

Make sure you let him know if you don't feel ready. My doctor allowed me back sooner than he wanted only b/c I could work remotely and reduced hours.

I hope they can help with the pain a bit more for you but it's tough if you are allergic to stuff. I did find tylenol in general helped me but if you are allergic, that won't help.
  • What kind of problems do you have when taking narcotics? Narcotics causes nausea for me, and also causes itching, so I have to take other medications to counteract those side effects sometimes.

Lisa
  • advertisement
  • to pain meds for me is mostly nausea, headaches, dizziness, but one time after a dental procedure I was given Vicodin and I had a seizure, so I have not tried it again. It was many years ago but the doctor tells me allergic reaction like that don't change so they keep me away from everything in the vocodin family.

I had morphine in my IV every 2 hours in the hospital and I had no adverse reactions to it, Last time the demerol helped with my pain and it wasn't horrible. This go around the pain is so much more severe, it goes way up my back.

I know there has been some drainage through my incision, but I can't take the dressing off until Friday so I can't tell if its looking normal or not. I keep taking my temp, and let that be my guide incase its getting infected.

I am still trying to understand the whole MRSA thing, am I at risk of infecting my own wound? Can I still get MRSA in my wound, this truly scares me.

If things have not changed by Monday I will definately be putting a call in to the doctor, because this just doesn't feel right to me.

Have a blessed Sunday everyone!!

Sandra