Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

bad week..and sick of meds

starsinhereyessstarsinhereyes Posts: 583
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Fibromyalgia
hi spineys/fibro friends
Its been hell wk here..spine doc gives me muscle relaxer
so been sleeping the wk away..
How do you know if its my lower back cause extreme pain in legs and spasms....
Any of you that have fibro ...pls help..i know i have problems with l5,s1 bulge but i also have all fibro pain all over ..could this all just be bad flare up....
had bad flare up in winter lasted wks..
I'm So drained emtionally and altho the meds take edge off for short time, i find myself more down..depressed.
My pain is so outta control this time and when i called spine doc...he gave me flexeril on tues and said if pain muscle spasms not better he wants put me in hospital and of course i haven't called him back again..
All they will do in hospital is give me stronger drugs
and is there a chance this is just a fibro flare up???
has any of you had a flare up this bad and how long has yours lasted???
I truely never has such pain in lower back and legs since
my fusion (l4,l5)in o6..
pls any input pls
gentle hugs to all my fibro and spineys
mary
neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
daily goal do good thing for someone.
advertisement

Comments

• I am so sorry you are having such a difficult week! Hang in there! We are all here for you, as a shoulder to lean on, an ear to vent to, and to offer a gentle cyper hug!

Hopefully someone with fibro will stop by and offer their experiences.

Maybe if you don't feel better by tomorrow you should call your doc. I know the thought of being in the hopsital is not pleasent, but it might really be what you need.....the drowsiness from the meds will get better with time!

I just wanted to let you know I'm thinkning of you! Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers! Hang in there Mary!
  • >:D< thanks hawk means so much
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
  • advertisement
  • Howdy Mary --- *HUG* ----

I don't have Fibro, but can fully understand the flare ups and depression. Depression can add to the pain as well. I am always here if you need to vent, chat. I wish I could do more, and wish you weren't in so much pain. Hospitals bite, but if you continue to have this pain, call your doctor and go with his instructions. Big cyber HUGZ your way woman!!!

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • thank you brenda,
    your cyber hugs and words mean alot..especially with all you've got goin on..
    ty
    mary
  • Well Mary, I find that when we chat, or talk in the forums, it helps my crap settle down a bit. So, I guess this is a great example of a 2-way street? :)

Luv ya woman!! Feel better soon! *HUGZ*

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • advertisement
  • I'm sending extremely gentle cyber hug your way >:D<

I'm sorry you've been feeling so bad. I've also had a couple of fibro flares that hurt so bad it felt like I've blown several discs. I get low grade fevers, stiffness, muscle spasms..the works. What helped to break the pain cycle was increasing my Lyrica dose; I'm at 375mg now. I also started on Elavil.

I hope you get over this flare soon. Please call your doctor for help- you shouldn't suffer this way. Take care
advertisement