Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

12 days post 360 lumbar fusion - pain pain pain

Comments

• Lol.

I just don't understand drs reasoning behind giving scripts for such a weak pain reliever
  • I don't understand that either, but I'm at least thankful that I got the contramal as they did have me just on dafalgan about 4 days after surgery, which is effectively tylenol. It's really not that bad, except for this pain i'm having it my hip, which basically makes me want to shoot myself in the head.
    Josh
  • advertisement
  • Oh please call and let your doctor know how much pain you are in! Unless you have had a fusion~especially a 360, there is just NO way to fully understand the pain!

Before my insurance would approve my 360, they mandated I have a psych eval. One of the things I learned during this is that with chronic, untreated pain,your brain can develop something called a PAIN SYNDROME. When this happens, the brain will cont to perseve pain, even when there is no pain.

So it is vital to have your pain relieved! Pain is so individual! Please just let him know!

My first 3 weeks were really trial and error, trying to find something that would work for me and allow me to be active. I'm young, and I want my life back! But I can only actively work at getting it back if my pain is managed~otherwise I am on the sofa with ice and moaning!

I have oxicodone that I take daily, and I have Narco (Vicodine) that I take for break through pain as needed!

I am going to an Houston Astros baseball game on Sunday! I can't wait to be out and feel like a human again (wish I didn't have to wear my brace though!). I am sure I will pay dearly for it, but I don't want to be left home! Hence~break through pain!

Wishing you the best! in 4 hour blocks:)
    Shari
This discussion has been closed.