Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

June surgeries

Comments

• Hi Ryan,

Today is the day for you!
    Wishing you well with your surgery. Thinking and praying for you for a successful surgery and that you will experience good pain control afterwards as you recover.
    This is a big surgery, but hopefully it will prove to be the way to improve your back problems.

Let us know, when you can post again, how it goes and how you are feeling. We'll be here to support you through the difficult recovery. :-)

Happy Birthday for tomorrow!! :D

I hope that you managed to do something to celebrate it over the weekend.

See you over this side of surgery soon. :H
  • Hi Ryan,
    Hope all went well with your surgery Ryan. Take time to recover.
  • advertisement

• <:P <br />Hope that you manage to have a comfortable day today, on your birthday.

Not the best circumstances to be spending your birthday, but hopefully it will be the start of your recovery journey that leads to a pain free life.

I hope that there will be something special about today that will make it a good birthday for you. :D

• Hello All,
    My fourth back surgery is scheduled for Thursday, June 17th at 9:30. Discectomy at L5-S1 with possible discectomies at other locations, as indicated. Scar tissue from my first discectomy at L4-L5 made it a little tough for the neurosurgeon to see everything he needed to. I'm hoping the fourth is the charm!
    Shane in SC
    Lumbar laminectomy 2005
    ACDF 2006
    Thoracic discectomy 2008
    Lumbar discectomy 6/2010 & rods and screws due to reherniation-8/2010
    2/14---new cervical pain with radiculopathy--both arms

• So tomorrow is the day! <:P <br />
    Are you all set for the recovery period?
    Sounds like you haven't had much notice to prepare.
    As this is your 4th surgery, you probably know what you need to get/re-position to help afterwards.

Wishing you a successful surgery and that your recovery will have minimal pain.
    Let's hope that this time is the 'fixer'! :D

We'll be here waiting to hear how you get on. :-)
  • advertisement
  • I previously had a Lumbar Fusion 12/19/08 for the L4 and did really well with it....then I started having problems with lower back pain and after runningseveral tests (many were painful) they found that my L5 is completely damaged. So I'm schedueld for surgery on 6/28. They will be taking out the hardware from the L4 and putting in new hardware for the L5. I'm nervous abput the recovery because of the location. :jawdrop: Can anyone please tell me what to expect with the L5 Fusion? It can't be fun and I'm that's my only worry. Hopefully, I will be pain free shortly. =D>

• I have only experienced a fusion at L4/L5, so can't be sure how the L5/S1 fusion will be. I would imagine it will be much the same. However, sometimes people can have a totally different experience from one lumbar fusion to another.

I know a lady who had a terrible time with her first fusion at L4/L5 and had a 3 level fusion (including that level) on 1st June. She is doing SO much better this time. She is amazed and can't imagine why it has gone so well this time, but she isn't complaining!! She also had hardware removed and replaced. (Gwennie everyone :D)

Hope that your experience will be as good this time as your first fusion.

Hopefully, soon you'll be so over it!!! :-)
  • Hi All,

Just wanted to let everyone know that my surgeon got sick and has rescheduled my surgery for Saturday, June 26th. (He was going out of town today) So, another week of hobbling around with pain and drop foot, but I have learned to be patient. I will update when appropriate!
    Shane in SC
    Lumbar laminectomy 2005
    ACDF 2006
    Thoracic discectomy 2008
    Lumbar discectomy 6/2010 & rods and screws due to reherniation-8/2010
    2/14---new cervical pain with radiculopathy--both arms

• Your turn today for your Anterior fusion.
    Hope that it all goes well and that you wake up comfortable.

Once you are awake it will be over to you for the recovery. It will be rough at first but things will improve and then, once you are under way, you should start to see the benefits of the surgery. Make sure that you follow the rules (no BLT) and don't over do it.

Do let us know how you get on. :-) We'll be waiting to hear from you once you can manage to post here.

• That must have been so disappointing!
    You get all psyched up ready for this surgery, and then it must be such a let down.

Still, your surgeon can't help getting sick and it sounds like he is fitting you in on a Saturday.
    The wait should help to confirm to you that you do need this. :-)

Try to do something nice each day while you wait. Spoil yourself. :D

We will still be here waiting to hear from you once you have had your operation.
advertisement