Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Difficulty with the no BLT restrictions

Comments

• Thank you for your reply and the compliment, I am the young one in the picture! LOL This year was my big 4-0 and when you have a bad back, it always makes me feel older!

I have not had a fusion, I know fusion recovery is alot more intense, I hope you are taking it easier now and not doing too much. Babybubbles had a good point to make when she said if we don't follow our doctors orders and then when we end up in more pain, hmmmm its kind of our own fault!! So I am trying to remember that!!

I am a bit like you, I feel good, so I just found myself doing more and more and bending way too much without realizing just how much I was doing and I do still get pain so I am paying much more attention to my movements and now that the kids are out of school for summer, I will be counting on them to help out more.

Take care Ken, I wish you continued success on your journey.

Sandra
  • I hope you enjoyed your weekend, walking on the beach sounds so nice! You really deserve it :) I hope it helped you clear your head and put things in perspective.

I do have to learn better body mechanics, and now after 2 spine surgeries in one year, and possibly a fusion in my future, I know that my life has changed and my back will never be the same so I must look after it.

I see my surgeon tomorrow and he will let me know if he thinks I can handle my hysterectomy, if so, I will have it done one week from today (June 14th), so I will be recruiting the help of my children who are out of school this Wednesday!!

I hope you enjoy your summer with your daughter, take good care of yourself,

Hugs, Sandra
  • advertisement
  • I love it, great idea..................we all need reminders :) 3 months, phew!! I will try my best, lol.

Thanks everyone for all the great suggestions to help me remember not to Bend, lift or twist.

Sandra
  • Maybe your youngest son would love to make some creative artistic signs to serve as reminders! It would probably be fun for him and build his self esteem at the same time! :-)

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow when you see your surgeon. I know it is very important to you and you have a lot riding on the outcome.

Let us know how it goes!

How is your mom feeling? I think of you often!

gentle cyber hug!

The walk on the beach was so nice! Sat I didn't wear my brace, probably not the best idea. My brother looks a lot like Brad Pitt and always gathers a lot of attention (in fact one woman told me she thought he was "Mr. Yummy"! LOL). I really based the decision to not wear my brace on vanity~ ha!

When I woke up in the night with horrible pain I realized it wasn't the best of ideas.

So Sunday morning I wore my brace. My hubby kept suggesting we turn back to stop walking, but I was having so much fun! This surgery has taught me to not take things for granted! So a walk on the beach was fantastic. We held hands, laughed, talked, and we really needed that!

I'll be watching for your post tomorrow and thinking of you! xxxx Shari

• Thinking of you for your appointment today.
    Hope it goes well and that you get good news.

Do let us know what news you got. We are here supporting you. :D
  • advertisement
  • after my doctor appointment and let you know what he says to me. My appointment is not until 4pm today and I am about to go get showered and go to my school and visit my class. I have cookies and silly bandz for my students. I am excited about seeing them and all my co-workers. My principal told me I could visit but I can't stay long!

Thanks for ALL the support :)
    Sandra
  • That should be great seeing your students for a visit. Have a great day! Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN

• Hoping that you are having a lovely time visiting with your class.
    Good that you are getting a chance to see them before they finish for the summer break. :-)

I am hoping to do the same thing and visit the school where I work and see all the staff and children. I especially want a chance to say goodbye to the older children before they move on to the next school in September.

Have fun! :D
  • If you have a hysterectomy, make sure that the Operating Room Staff carefully positions you for the procedure, especially if they put your legs in stirups. One of the risks of that position is nerve injury from incorrect positioning or prolonged positioning in the lithotomy position.

Lisa
  • I enjoyed visiting my school and seeing my students, I got a lot of compliments from staff on how good I looked and how well I am walking!!

I was hurting after a few hours so it worked out nicely. Jelly...I hope you get to go visit your school and I know the students will enjoy seeing you. When does school get out in the UK? Our kids last day is tomorrow.

My surgeon is concerned about the hysterectomy. He lifted my legs to see if I had pain and I didn't, he had me bend over and pick up my purse. He said I should be ok, but to stretch as much as I can over the next few days. He told me I will be stiff and hurting after the surgery but it shouldn't harm me because this last surgery was more about tissue and ligaments rather than the disc. He wants to see me in 3 weeks and he was very clear that if I had any concerns or anything bothered me for me to call him....so here we go.....I have to say I am pretty scared about the whole thing!

Thanks so much for all the support, you guys are really the best!!

Lisa.........thats the biggest concern that I will be in the stirrups and the surgery is 2 hours long. My spine surgeon told me I'll be ok but he cautioned me that I may be sore afterwards. Tomorrow is my pre-op with my OBGYN, I am just keeping my fingers crossed that this goes smoothly.

I appreciate all the advice.
    Sandra
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.