Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

June Surgery

Comments

• Five more days until my L3/4 & L4/5 fusion with instrumentation. I've been getting things ready in the later part of the evenings because the temperature here has been over 100 until about seven every evening.
    Went to the Orthopedic doctor yesterday who will be doing the fusion along with my Neurosurgeon. He doesn't know how I have lasted this long from just looking at his regular Xrays, let alone the discogram.
    He's very nice though and my daughter had both surgeons perform her fusion last August and she is doing great. I'm about 20 years older than her and I have Osteoporosis, but I know the doctors will do their best. Bought some easy fix meals for hubby and daughter today, but they can eat with me in my room for $5 a piece and get a full course meal from a chef. Also, since the only rooms they have are private rooms they have big sofas in the room for hubby to stay with me if he wants to. :)

• Sounds like you are almost ready Mindy.
    Not long now until you are over this side of surgery with us. It is such a relief to be on this side and know that you are on your way to an improved and more comfortable life.

Great to have the support of your husband and daughter too.
  • advertisement
  • It won't be long now! :)

It sounds like you are getting things sorted out. Enjoy the weekend!

Take the time to pamper yourself! Go your favorite places, sit in the shade and read a good book, go out to eat your favorite foods or enjoy going out with girlfriends!

This was my 3rd lumbar surgery in 4 years and I, too, was anxious. It had been postponed 2 other times which just increased the anxiety.

This time, I did ask for something to help with the anxiety. I meet with my surgeon as he was standing at the nurses station as I walked into the preop.

I was his only surgery that day! YAY

Changed into my gown, signed some papers and got the happy juice! :) After that everything went quickly!

I was in bad shape before my surgery with some seriuos neruological issues!

I am doing great now! Gettin my life back! Traveling, went to a wedding last weekend and was able to stand and enjoy talking and cocktails with friends!

I am returning to work. It isn't easy as my job is quite physical, but I am getting there!

Wishing the best for you and looking forward to hearing how you are doing!

Take care!
  • I just got a call from the doc office saying they are moving my surgery up.....OMG nerves just hit. I was fine...being Ms. Positive. How can the change of time change my mood. Just had hubby go pick up Xanax. Maybe I will get pedicure later.
advertisement