Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

ANYONE MISS SEX??

strakerstraker Posts: 1,824
i am serious
since my last operation i have not had sex .because i am now unable to make things work in the married quarter and even if i could i can't move as you would when having sex .due to pain and now i am fatter than i was i don't feel sexy ..but i still think about it .the reason i started this thread is i wondered just how many back patients have had to give up sex or at best hardly do it any more .my brain went in to over drive when i went to that wedding the other night and even though i love my wife and would never stray i could not help looking at the lovely ladies and the lack of clothing they were wearing! i must admit it set my pulse racing ..{i don't get out much!} it was nice to see so many healthy bodies rather than my own excuse for a body ..please take this the light heartedly but i am sure that there more than me struggling with this issue
tony
advertisement

Comments

• j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,745
    Sex, what sex?!!!
    For anyone new that dose not feel comfortable. Type in the blue search box at the top of this page "sexual side effects from spine surgery" Cick on the first one there. You'll get a very long thread started by jon, terror, with over 80 replies by men and women. You'll be interested! :?
    Good luck, Jim :''(
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,745
    You remember, don't you?
    Jim ~X(
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • advertisement
  • Poor hubby...
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Tony,

Pools are more than a swimming blessing! (G)

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • I think I had it before.

Jim
  • advertisement
  • Is sex when he does that, and I do this and, ummm.. yeah sex....:)

Brenda
  • brenda
    I knew there was more to that pool than just swimming...
    I like swimming also..and ya don't have to swim laps for exercise..is all i'm saying...
    mary
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • Mary,

Shhhhh... my secret, okay? (EG) Hehehehe...so true girlfriend, sooooo true. Okay, back to the pool! :)

Brenda
  • The pills...killed it.

Then my body made it a scary idea...but living on the edge sounds great on the flip side too...

Mooches,
    Jasro
  • sex in my house is called cuddling. :X has been for many years!!! due to pain and pills the libido is gone! the narcotics have killed off whatever sex drive was there!! it is a side effect of many of the medications we have to take....we love cuddling though!!!!! :X Jenny :)
advertisement