Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

ANYONE MISS SEX??

Comments

• Geez, Its been awhile! Yes, the meds have pretty much obliterated any sex drive that I had. From depression and pain and exhaustion (2 young kids too) my drive is gone!

Thankfully (??) my hubby's drive left around the same time due to his blood pressure and depression meds.

Also, can others relate to this??.... I am 5'1' tall, about 130 lbs., hubby is 6'4", 260 lbs. With all of my back issues and falling apart neck its just plain scary to think of what will hurt. You have to MOVE to have sex. Its pretty much a given that we both worry about this.

I've heard again and again from the "experts" on talk shows, magazines, etc. that if you and your partner are on the same wave-lenghth about the frequency of sex, or lack there-of, then its OK. Its when one wants more or less than the other that problems arrive.

As far as this topic is concerned, I just want to say that our husbands/wives/others are so important to our well-being, we need to remember how much they do (or do without) and give them the thanks they deserve. The simple words "thank you" mean so much.

Bless all of our spiney supporters/loved ones!
  • to read this. With my bowel and bladder sensations not up to the best, I am thankful to still have sexual nerve sensation. And even when I don't, I usually agree for hubby because once we get going, I get in the mood.

I agree with the pool!! I have been in so much pain since a recent trip and lots of standing and having trouble bouncing back as I normally do. I was floating on a raft and hubs came over and well, .........let's just say, ........he gave me something that really decreases my pain.

Do you guys find the the "O" gives you pain relief, or no?

Take care,

Cheri
  • advertisement
  • Glad you like my pool idea! Was doing the aqua therapy thing, hubby arrived, we played a little and well...as they say, "The rest was history?" (G)

If I understand what you're meaning with the "O", Oh yeah! Or at least the happy waaaayyy overrides the pain!!! :) And in the pool, I don't "pay" for it much later! (G)

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • All this pool talk is well...lol thanks for making me smile.

Luckily our sex lifes haven't been affected too much. It is a little different of course but I try to keep things going. The hubby is a lot easier to live with and it makes me feel better for at least a few minutes. :smile:" alt=":smile:" height="20" /> I might pay for it later but it's worth it. :smile:" alt=":smile:" height="20" /> :smile:" alt=":smile:" height="20" />

Sorry that so many of you have been affected in this area we might laugh and joke about it but it is a very serious topic for many.
  • Something I'd ask you guys about but never bring it up to Doc. If I have any intense thoughts, my left thigh tingles! The thoughts never go to the right place...like my wiring is scrambled. I think of it as "Thigh O's". Has anyone else experienced that???
    (Please say yes....)

Regards,
    Jasro
  • advertisement
  • I had displaced sensation to my left abdomen in the end days so know what you're talking about.
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I can't even remember the last time i had sex, so i feel your pain. i'm now 7 weeks out from a 360 lumbar fusion and have had since a problem where i get uncontrollable erections, but my whole groin goes numb when it happens, so i have no idea its happening, nor have any feeling when it does happen - so no pleasure from it al all. I am lucky though, as the equipment does still work - but still ain't using it.
    Josh
  • it was about 3am and i was woken to go for a pee.as i finished i got a sharp pain deep within my pubic bone area {i though to myself not more pain !} and went back to bed .then something weired happened .i started to feel warm all over and then my legs went numb then i had the butterflies in the tummy feeling then there was a pulsing in time with my heart rate and i felt amazing !! i could hardly move no pain just the big O.!! without any stimulation ??what was going on ?? this lasted 45 minutes .its was amazing but it has never repeat itself ever again ..i did ask my doctor and he told me that people with spinal injuries can experience spontaneous orgasms {male or female} and that's what i had ..so i know how you girls feel as normally us men only has a few seconds of pleasure !! i wish i could turn it on anytime ..mind you i would never want to turn it off!
    tony
  • Jasro,

In a word, YES! My issues are L2/3, so my "O's" when I get them are in the front of the thighs. When it first happened I thought I was starting to cramp, so I would alternate moving my toes up and pointing them down. Well, when my toes point towards me, wow!!! It took me a little while to realize I was 'wired wrong' or something (Neuropathy??), and though the "O" wasn't in its normal place, the feeling was strangely/happily similar!

It only happens when I am sitting!

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Tony,

Although I am a women I have had simular experiences. I have woken up in the middle of an "o". I was like what the hell? My husband said I was probably having a dream that stimulated the "o" but I honestly dont remember any dreams.

As for sex, My husband sex drive is equivalent to a 16yr old (5 kids) so we took a big hit after surgery.Between pain, meds, and depression, Ive just lost that urge. My hubby is great even though pent up, he never complains. Sometimes when he looks at me Im like" here we go, Im gonna pay for this". Im never in pain during its always after. OUCH!!!!
advertisement