Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Nightmare - Reherniantion to the left????

Aviatrix36440Aviatrix36440 Posts: 5,744
edited 03/21/2017 - 2:00 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi all!

STUPID me!!! Okay, I retired a month ago, and as a 'treat' to myself, took a "doctor break." I've been referred back to a Neurologist because I am a 'puzzle'..okay, not a biggie. Well, I bent sideways to pick up my Chausie (small hybrid jungle cat), and as I came up, I had a loud 'kerpop' followed by instant pain at the base of the left side of my neck, top of the shoulder blade and then all the way down my arm to my middle, index finger and thumb! ! I will be calling the NS tomorrow, and possibly my surgeon so I can get an MRI asap. This ticks me off to no end!

I have no question in my brain that more likely than not, I (gee lucky me) herniated out to the left now, for C5/6/7 - the crack get bigger maybe? Grrrrr... This will sound weird okay? My surgery to 'revise' was put on hold due to an EMG finding of Neuropathy, did this 'kerpop' maybe move it back on the playing table? I am saying C5/6/7 because the pain is biceps and triceps - no weakness or numbness to the left - just the  pain! STUPID!!!!!!! I am one that stays positive most of the time, and still trying to, but dag-gum it, can't  win! I HATE Nerves! Whew!!! Thanks for listening....going back to my happy place if it is still there! :( Sniff....

Brenda
aka - The problem child!!!
PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
advertisement

Comments

• I really get a weird vibe from you so readily self diagnosing without even being examined by the doc yet. I can understand the uncertainty of the situation, I think most folks here can, but don't stress yourself out by placing the cart before the horse. Call the doc tomorrow and let him determine what happened and see what course of action he recommends. There's not much you can do about it tonight, so kick back, relax and call the doc in the morning.

Hope you feel better.

"C"
  • haglandc said:
    I really get a weird vibe from you so readily self diagnosing without even being examined by the doc yet. I can understand the uncertainty of the situation, I think most folks here can, but don't stress yourself out by placing the cart before the horse. Call the doc tomorrow and let him determine what happened and see what course of action he recommends. There's not much you can do about it tonight, so kick back, relax and call the doc in the morning.

Hope you feel better.

"C"
    Sorry C, not trying to give weird vibes. :) Now when I walk (and this was an hour after my kerpop) when my arm swings, serious pain from the neck to the fingers. If I wake and it is still there, I will go full speed for an appointment. Actually I am going to see if they can fax me a script for an MRI - sadly I've been spot on with the last two disks when they went - GAWD I hope I am wrong and this is a fluke!

C, you have always been great for getting me "centered" when funky stuff happens, and I soooo much appreciate and embrace that. :) Just getting a touch sleepy, so hopefully it is a fluke, but sadly I don't have that ummm... "warm and fuzzy" feeling? I miss Sumo wrestling, mountain climbing - heheh, not true, but sounds good! Still trying to stay positive. Hubby doesn't know yet, as he is sleeping. ER's bite, as they x-ray, meds and pat you on your head and send you home to see 'your doctor.' I can spend my money elsewhere! :) Thanks again C, you are tops!!! *HUGZ* to ya "C" :)

Brenda
  • advertisement
  • Update... Now it is just BURNING pain! I can curl my arm up to my chest - sort a a neutral zone? Any other position, BURN! Dag-gum it! I am typing this in pieces - type a few words, curl the arm, type a few more, curl the arm - what the h*ll happened?!?! Please be GONE when I wake up! I HATE this..... Nerve Sux!!!!

Me!!
  • Oh how I remember that pain! It was awful. I would definitely contact your surgeon first thing this morning. Keep us posted. Hope you feel better soon.

Marianne
  • sorry brenda
    just call doc and see first..and no picking up kitties..
    HHHUUUUGGGGSSSSS

mary
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • advertisement
  • LizLiz Posts: 8,835
    Hi Brenda

I am sorry you are going through this, thinking of you, and hoping it isn't too serious.

(((hugs)))
    Liz TC

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • Why is it the little things that cause so much pain? Well it's 9:30 - when is your MRI? I'm guessing that knowing you it will be before noon today, since you are so much like me. :)

C you are right that we shouldn't self diagnose but Brenda has been through this enough to know when something is really wrong. She needs to take a chill pill about the specifics but I'm pretty sure she knows that wonderful feeling that equals "crap".

So anyone wanna place a bet about what time her MRI will be? :)
  • And how are you? Good grief, haven't you been through enough already?

Picking up your cat, yup, I once threw out my back (long before the spiney days) when I was WATERING A PLANT! Felt like such a moron when people at work asked how I hurt myself. Would have been much cooler if I could say I fought off a black bear or hurt myself in a surfing accident! Yeah, right.

Hope you find answers and relief soon. Sometimes the more we know we do tend to self diagnose and worry, worry, worry. Even if its bad news, I feel better knowing what is going on. My overactive imagination can create suck worries of the unknown. Ignorance is bliss....

I hope for your sake you are wrong, but you know your body.

Fill us in when you can,

Lisa
  • If you can wrestle a bear I wonder how I did this? Gotta think up something good. :)
  • I agree with C and maybe it's the case what happened to you but just want to say I have issues with c6-and c7 is impinging and I get arm elbow and finger pain and numbness especially typing but went to PT when it was more acute and had gentle traction and ultrasound and it eased up.

Put ice 20 minutes at least 4 times a day. for the first 24-48 hours. I hope NS will assess and see you see in regards to this. Just saying hopefully this can be managed without surgery. Prayers and take care. Charry. Hug
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.