Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Aviatrix - Brenda - Where r u?

Kris-NYKKris-NY Posts: 2,207
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:45 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Has anyone heard from Brenda since Thursday morning? She had posted that she thought she reherniated and then there has been nothing since.
advertisement

Comments

• I haven't seen any posts since then. I hope that she is ok.

Very unusual for Brenda.
  • I have searched too, cant find her hope she is okay! I will be praying for her! Lela
  • advertisement

• Let's all pray for her :-)

I think she will know that we are missing her and thinking of her. I hope that is a comfort to her.
  • I heard that she was in chat from someone else. But is in alot of pain. Must be very bad for her not to be posting.

Let's gather round the spiney circle so that she knows we are there for her. If anyone talks to her please let her know we are all thinking of her.
  • I hope you are okay. Please know that I and others are thinking of you. Cindy
    Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • advertisement
  • Howdy Kris, Jellyhall, Lela, Cindy! *HUGZ*

Sorry for being away, but as the title says, I was in a major "Hurt Locker" for the last 5 days or so. I tried to come on last Friday, read a bit and as I went to reply to a post, I hurt so dang bad I saw the 'dots' or better described stars! It bit!!

My NS agreed that I 'started' to reherniate to the left. When I asked him what the heck a 'started' meant, he told me that since my main symptom was pain and that I didn't have noticeable numbness or weakness the material probably hit the exit nerve root, but didn't stay on it and trap it. Whew! Yeah okay..

He then told me to give it a week and see if the pain goes down. Thanks doc! Okay, now almost a week later I kinda agree with his findings/feelings now. Pain is still not nice in the bottom of my neck and halfway to the shoulder, but no more full shoulder or down my arm. By the location of the pain, and my trusty 'Dermatome' map, the nerve hit would have been C5/6 - makes me wonder if the crack allowed something to move, and then move back? My NS doesn't think it is moving there, but dunno if *I* agree with that!

I should be comfy with driving next week, so I will get with the Neurologist, and *push* for an updated MRI for my neck - kind of afraid to see what might be in there - probably the dang kitchen sink eh? (G) You guys are great, sorry not to be on for like 5 days - missed you guys! I just couldn't type, and to read and not post, that would have been a killer! If progress continues I should be almost by to "my normal" soon. Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers and support!!! And you guys spinedy circle looks really, really cool! Group *HUGZ*

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • It is so good to see you back!! You scared the crap out of me. You do know that if something happens your husband has to know how to let us know. Otherwise I will have to hunt you down....I have my ways :)
  • Kris-NY said:
    It is so good to see you back!! You scared the crap out of me. You do know that if something happens your husband has to know how to let us know. Otherwise I will have to hunt you down....I have my ways :)
    Howdy Kris!! Since my hubby isn't the 'posting' type, I will PM you my email address. :) Until my NS settled me down, I scared the crap out of me! (G) I was right, but lucky in that no 'nerve entrapment' has occurred? For a few days even moving my index or middle finger sent me into pain he!!...grrrr.. Moving the arm above my shoulder still bugs me, but no where near what it was! Baby steps, baby steps, Brenda... baby steps! *HUGZ* Thanks Kris!!!

Brenda
  • hey ther brenda
    I figured you must be in world of pain for not posting...
    And figured you just be back soon...way too hard for you to read and not respond.
    If you can just hang on your noodle in pool but prob. best if hubby helps you in and out...those ladders you have to pull yourself up with are not good for spineys at all...

I hope things keep getting better for you...so you can enjoy that pool with hubby.

glad to see you back but just don't over do it...
    teeny weeny baby steps..
    I know hard for you to do but do it lady
    tc
    chat soon
    mary
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • Howdy Mary,

For retirement, you have to have an annuity. If I did that from here, where is the annuity? (G) I came on here the next day (last Friday), and it was killing me when I couldn't reply, especially if it was a buddy post. So I just knuckled down and rested as directed. So, I guess ya'll are stuck with me! *hug* Thanks Mary. :)

Brenda
advertisement