Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Dealing with doctors

advertisement

Comments

• In California they are often listed as "rehabilitation/physical medicine doctors."
  • Well I spoke with my GP and she says her radiologist doesnt see anything operable but they didn't do a complete write-up so I'm not sure what they did find.

I took a shot in the dark and called the "independent" diagnostic office that did the CT scan that showed the problems. THis is the same scan that the surgeon used to show my husband and myself on his computer screen where the problems were. I talked to a really nice woman who said they will do a reading of the MRI that was done in my doctors office as well as a comparison to the CT that they did and issue a written report. Yeah!!!!

When I spoke with my GP about the blood work results I got some strange answers. She completely ignored my questions about the effects of the neurontin. She also ignored the gallbladder issue that she said the blood tests would address. Then she prescribed a cholesterol drug which when I looked up the contra-indications is not for someone with gallbladder issue - what the heck? I asked her about it and she said that the triglicerides were so high it was worth the risk of permanent gallbladder and liver damage. So basically I got very little in results from her.

Hopefully the radiologist will be able to give me some useful info. Before this all started I never realized how easy life was....

• advertisement