Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

L5 Epidural?

Comments

• Hi Rick,

I have had 5 ESI and one foramina - none of them gave me relief, but didn't make me feel worse either. Two days ago I had a caudal injection. I have been suffering for 3 years with back pain and sciatica due to failed back surgery, herniated discs, and DDD. Nothing has worked thus far for me...but knock on wood, I actually have gotten some relief from the caudal. I think that's because it went directly to my S1 (herniated at L3-4, L4-5, L5-S1) which is the root path that gives me the most pain/numbness. Due to my surgery, I have quite a bit of scar tissue which the doctor believes has prevented the cortisone from getting to the nerve. I hope you get some relief from your ESI - sometimes it can take a few days they say. My theory is that of many others who posted - it is worth it even if you only get a short time of pain relief. It's funny how those of us in pain have forgotten what it feels like not to have it be a constant in our lives. Best of luck to you!
  • It's been over two weeks sense my lower back epidural and my lower back is worse now, it kills me to sit in a straight back chair. They have referred me back to my PM doctor for follow up to check if I have neck compression causing the leg problems. This on going spine problems sucks and dealing with more than one doctor also sucks. I have a closed mind concerning any more surgeries, I just want to know what my long term life is going to be and if this is as bad as it will get than I will adjust my attitude for it, but after having two surgeries a year apart and things have gotten worse each time than I say STOP, I am done with their so call modern wonderful medical crap.
    My wife and I are 4 weeks into a 10 week chronic pain class looking to other things to learn to cope with pain.
    Take care and don't ever give up or give in to them.
  • advertisement
This discussion has been closed.