Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Anyone have an eco- electric bicycle?

charryccharry Posts: 5,659
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:45 AM in Exercise and Rehab
/
------------me on bike
\

I was looking at this eco bike that's motorized and travels max 32MPH. No license or insurance needed. You could pedal if you wanted to or not. It runs on a battery. I wonder how I would be able to handle short trips to visit Mother up the street and hospital appointments. Just want to know if anyone has this bike? Thanks. Charry

DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
advertisement

Comments

• no, but i would sure like to try one!! :D and no license or insurance! just dreaming! LOL!!! Jenny :)
  • i don't know how to post a pic? here's my bike only mine is blue! image
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • advertisement
  • Charry,

Does that mean you got the bike? When I first read your post I thought you were considering it? I might be confused.

Did you get one? How far of a drive will it be for you to visit your mother.

I have a girlfriend that has one. She LOVES IT! She drives it to work and around town.

Like I said, she's thrilled with it. (OK, she admits it doesn't do alot for her hair. Helmet hair.)
  • That looks awesome! I can't wait to hear how it is to use it !
  • That is so Awesome!

Do share the details as you start riding about town. I can't wait to heart all about it. Remember SAFETY FIRST! Don't forget your helmet!
  • advertisement
  • I ordered it yes I'm awaiting it to come by mail. Hopefully I get it Tuesday as Monday is a holiday here. It's about 2 miles to visit my Mother. This is my bike.

• This bike is really big! I'm still practicing riding it especially going by cars and over bumps in the road. It feels great and I have no back pain during the ride. It's sore on my hand to keep turning the handle and have little strength in my arm to put the kick stand up. But I'm getting used to it! One thing I regret is not trying one out before I bought it! I think the 3 wheel ones are good because you don't have to worry about balance. I'll keep riding a few more weeks to see if I want to keep it. Charry

https://secure.images.theshoppingchannel.com/is/image/TheShoppingChannel/600817_BLU?$190X190$
  • Charry,

The bike looks pretty neat! Unfortunately in and around Miami, you would be an 'organ donor' - they hit and run like crazy around here. It's sad...

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Sounds Like fun.

I'll bet your core muscles are getting a good work out having to keep balanced. That can be a good thing for the back. I'm only guessing that you will eventually build the muscle strength you need.

Are you able to ride sitting completely straight. No leaning over?

It really does sound like fun. I think it's cool you are giving it a try. I really do!

Have fun sporting around town! I'm visualizing you now with a cool multicolored silk scarf blowing in the wind...
  • I just bought a light sweater and it comes with a cobalt color scarf just like my bike! I'll have to wear it in the cooler weather! The seat is really long so I can bend over or stay straight so I can adjust to my pain level. It feels like I'm riding a motorcycle.. I wonder if your friend took so long to learn to ride her e-bike? Thanks.

Brenda-That's why I'm only riding the back roads now as I'm really learning to handle the bike and balancing before I go on the main roads.
advertisement