Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Pain not from my neck...OMG finally better

ToYoungforThisTToYoungforThis Posts: 148
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:45 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I have had so much pain and limited use in my arms since I can remember, had the carpal tunnel surgeries and it helped with part of my hands being numb. I also had my neck fused a few time due to other issues. but i still had extreme pain in my hands and numbness. With the spine surgeries seeming to make other pain better I wanted too fix what was going on with my arms.

Had all the EMG's possible by several Dr.s all negative but Thankfully my Dr.s believed me and had my ulnar nerve exploration surgery done. Needless to say I had a 3rd upper arm muscle that is extremely rare condition to have. I am just wonder if others have taken the same road I have or had several surgeries for arm pain and been told that nothing else to do or test coming up negative.

I do not know the medical term for the condition but know that i go to a huge hospital and the Dr.s that did my surgeries had never seen it in 20 some years. Any body else have this issue and thought the pain was from the neck????
advertisement

Comments

• Your situation sounds a little like mine. I just had an MRI done yesterday and am awaiting results. The spine surgeon thinks I have a tear between C7 and T1. This is just below the C6/7 fusion I had in Oct. 2007. Prior to the MRI, I saw a hand surgeon for trigger finger that I have. He also sent me for an EMG to rule out carpal tunnel. The left arm pain is not carpal tunnel, but cervical related.

I am interested in hearing more of your ulnar nerve exploration surgery and your diagnosis if you can come up with the name.

You've had eleven surgeries in three years? My doc doesn't even want to do a second unless I am in extreme pain.
  • ToYoungforThis said:
    I have had so much pain and limited use in my arms since I can remember, had the carpal tunnel surgeries and it helped with part of my hands being numb. I also had my neck fused a few time due to other issues. but i still had extreme pain in my hands and numbness. With the spine surgeries seeming to make other pain better I wanted too fix what was going on with my arms.

Had all the EMG's possible by several Dr.s all negative but Thankfully my Dr.s believed me and had my ulnar nerve exploration surgery done. Needless to say I had a 3rd upper arm muscle that is extremely rare condition to have. I am just wonder if others have taken the same road I have or had several surgeries for arm pain and been told that nothing else to do or test coming up negative.

I do not know the medical term for the condition but know that i go to a huge hospital and the Dr.s that did my surgeries had never seen it in 20 some years. Any body else have this issue and thought the pain was from the neck????
    Oh My....11 surgeries?! wow! What happened?
  • advertisement