Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

Third Microdiscectomy not much disk left

• I got my MRI and I have a very small disk protrusion on the (opposite side of my recent surgeries). I saw the surgeon and he said he would not recommend surgery at this time. He said it should resolve in a month or two and set me up with an appointment for an epidural injection while it heals. I found out today that I can get as many Microdiscectomy's as I want.
    This was news to me because I always read that after two or three the Doctor's pretty much told you a fusion was the only option.
  • Anna,

The recovery time for me was about 48 hours. I had no pain after the surgery in my leg or back. I was up and walking a mile 24 hours after the surgery.
  • advertisement
  • rjwirth65rjwirth65 Kansas City, Missouri Posts: 6
    I know it's been three years since your last post here, but I wanted to see how you are doing?

Left far-lateral disk herniation  of L2-3  10/14
    Epidural Steroid Injections and nerve blocks x 9  10/14 - 10/15
    Left far-lateral discectomy of L2-3 11/15
    Left and right far-lateral disc herniation L2-3  3/2016
    Bi-lateral far-lateral discectomy of L2-3  with laminectomy 7/2016
    Reherniation of left L2-3  August 2016
    Awaiting re-do of discectomy VS fusion
This discussion has been closed.