Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Swimming with Fins

wjmcburniewwjmcburnie Posts: 25
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:46 AM in Exercise and Rehab
I have been swimming twice a week for the last couple of months. I have never been a very good swimmer but do like to be 'doing some form of exercise' since my op.

I just wondered if anyone has tried swimming with fins on their feet and if this helped or made it worse?
I was thinking of getting myself a float to put my arms on, and then just use my legs with fins. Obviously the fins are to make my legs work harder.

Or am I just going to make myself look an idiot at the pool?

Wendie
advertisement

Comments

• Hahahaha Wendie!!!
    :)
    I don't have any advice but your post made me smile.

Tonya
  • The way I see it. Who care what you look like if it help.

Jim
  • advertisement
  • Maybe I'll just take a picture and give everyone a good laugh. I think we all deserve it
  • I tried this and found it to be extremely painful. With fins on, it increases the torque on your lower back. Since I am an avid diver, I need to be able to use fins without further risk of pain or injury. I wound up using a frog kick for several months before I was able to tolerate a standard flutter kick.

"C"
advertisement