Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Solidly fused

mel v.mmel v. Posts: 59
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:46 AM in Lower Back Pain
Hi Spineys, Good news received today from ortho-spine surgeon. At my 3 month visit, my PLIF is solidly fused. Yippie. Also, am off hard pain drugs at 10 weeks. Must do out patient PT for the next 3 months to strength back and gut. It's a good day friends. Thanks for all your collective support. Best, mel v. =)) <:P
advertisement

Comments

• Thats great news, very happy for you. :H

so now the hard part is over and your well on your way, just remember you will still have limitations.
  • Thanks for the well-wishes Jim. I hear ya on the limitations. mel v.
  • advertisement
  • Is that not a fast fusion? Now you can get on with your life. Hoping for the same for hubby but I think he is a lot older than you. We'll find out on August 24.
  • Mel,

Great news! Glad to hear things like this! No more bungie jumping, okay? (G) *wink* Good for you!!! :)

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Congrats!! Glad to hear it. Keep on trucking your almost there.
  • advertisement
  • Hi Mel

That's just the best news you could have had !!

Do take it steadily with the PT and if you need to modify any of the exercises, like I had to, let your physio know. I still can't lay flat on my back on an exercise mat, and have to do them on my bed.

Keep getting your life back.

Trish

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008
  • You've done so well and off pain meds already! I hope you heal completely from your surgery and best wishes with your PT. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Well done Mel! =D>

Very good news, just take it slow and steady. Keep us posted on how you do.

TC and have a terrific weekend
    P.
  • That was great news for us to hear, God Bless you and your days to come.
  • Mel, that's incredible!!! You are my idol! I'm so happy for you. You give me hope regarding the success of my upcoming L4/5 fusion surgery. I'll write to you soon.

Liz49
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.