Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Has anybody had a hardware block done?

Eric.SEEric.S Posts: 220
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:46 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Has anybody had a hardware block done? I have had a good bit of problems, tingling, sciatica and back pain, i'm about 8 months post OP for a ALIF L5-S1. I wanted to see if anybody else had one done?

Thanks

Eric
advertisement

Comments

• Hey Eric,

I have had a hardware block done but it was in the cervical spine. I know we have a few lumbar members who have also had this done. In my case they wanted to see the degree of pain my hardware was causing me, along with the other issues in my spine. The block itself was done under flourscopic guidance and wasn't to bad and the relief it provided, albeit short term was worth it for me.

Let us know how you do with it. Keep in mind it is just a diagnostic testing tool.
  • tamtam said:
    Hey Eric,

I have had a hardware block done but it was in the cervical spine. I know we have a few lumbar members who have also had this done. In my case they wanted to see the degree of pain my hardware was causing me, along with the other issues in my spine. The block itself was done under flourscopic guidance and wasn't to bad and the relief it provided, albeit short term was worth it for me.

Let us know how you do with it. Keep in mind it is just a diagnostic testing tool.

Thanks, I'm trying to ask my PM to do one on my hardware, to prove to my doctor the hardware could be causing the problems i'm having. Or it would shut me up for good. I was healing good after my Alif and I walked down a bunch of stairs and have had tingling and pain ever since, he saying nerves, scar tissue, etc....... But I didn't have any of it before I walked down those stairs. I think one of the screws is pressing against a nerve. Only a hardware block would prove it. I'm mean, I could understand those other things to happen, but just like that? In that split second or minutes. :S I think something moved, he said it would move back in place, that was 5 months ago. :S And now walking up or down stairs now sets it off even worse. Bad Neuropathy. I've tried Lyrica and Neurontin and can't take either because of the side effects, can't get by them. I'm probably going to try Cymbalta next.
  • advertisement