Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

Hi ho Hi ho its off to MRI I go ....

MetalneckMetalneck The Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,787
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:46 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Well,

The big result of my visit with my orthopedic surgeon today was .... Lets get an MRI. So Friday morning I get to have my 20 zillionth MRI to see what might be causing my increasing pain and radiculopathy. I did learn something new and strange - that I am actually considered a 3 level .... not a 4 level as I had thought for the past several years.

Silly me!

My surgeon did mention something about my original surgery that I found very interesting .... that the neurosurgeon who did my initial ACDF "used that wrong sized plate" - maybe thats why I blew the disc above, never fused, and had my cadaver spacer impact into the vertabrae. Funny these little things that are revealed over time.

Now im off to rob a bank so that I can pay for the MRI, as I am without insurance.

Oh life is fun!

D
advertisement

Comments

• How much does an MRI cost? Don't have to pay for that here so have no idea. Hopefully it will reveal just what is wrong so you can get some relief.
  • Dave, there's an idea--go rob a bank and then get the government to pay for ALL of your medical care. Of course you will be behind bars and you won't be able to enjoy your neck once it is fixed. Shame on you! You can't go rob a bank and you know it!

I'm glad to hear that you have a doctor who at least wants to try to help you. Is it possible to have a different set of radiologist people reading the report? It seems that I get a much more detailed report if it is read by someone who has not seen my neck before.

Beaver, my lastest mri was $2,300. Some places will offer a discount if you pay cash. Being without insurance is a difficult place for Dave to be. Dave, any word on your SSDI claim? You are a prime example of one who needs Medicare.
    Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • advertisement
  • I'm sure there are differences in price because of what they are looking at, but I just received a bill for the copay on my daughters MRI of her ear and sinuses and the insurance paid $200.

Ask if they will give you the insurance price.
  • MetalneckMetalneck The Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,787
    That I spent 5 years as a healthcare clinician Paramedic/PA, another 10 years managing group and solo physician practices, 3 years Director level at 2 hospital billing departments, and the past 15 years in the Billing - EHR software business training doctors and nurses to "embrace" the new wiss bang technology. And yet here I sit todaay without health insurance after serving the patient and physician community for 30+ years. Look for me on a clock tower or on an episoide of americas most wanted in a theatere near you soon!! (Just kidding)
    This too shall pass (Like a frikin Kidney Stone) but this too shall pass. Sold some of my old coins to have the $ to pay for the MRI ... heck who needs any assests anyways?? Todays consult $150.00 .... MRI Friday .... negotiated down to $500.00 ... That will make well over 1,300.00 that I will spend for my healthcare this month.

Got love it !!

Keep the faith!

D
  • Dave,

I am glad your going to get the MRI and lets hope it has answers as to why your in so much pain. Funny how when you said you were a three level and i counted the levels in your pic it sure is three levels.

AS far as health care i have one of those nice high risk policies. So my rate per month is almost $700 couple it with my $2,500 deductible and then the 20% out of pocket till the first 25,000 is lots of dough. So my total out of pocket cost is about 15,900 per year. Who says they need a savings account. But at those rates I am not far behind you on the no insurance club. So sense I have no met everything for the year need to get everything in I can. If the markets would pick up could pull my 401K with no penalty attached. But don't see that happening October is approaching fast.
  • advertisement
  • Cindy,

You know it's sad, but a few years ago a woman down here (S. Florida) had cancer, no health insurance. She decided to hold up a bank with an antique gun (doesn't matter here...a guns a gun), so she would be convicted, sent to prison and get HEALTH care for her cancer! They figured it out a few months into her incarceration, but realized why she did it. She got the treatment, went into remission and released. Sad huh?

It's scary what the system forces some people to do to get NEEDED treatment! Sigh....

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • *HUGZ* Hopefully things will start moving forward for you! Please let us know what this doctor finds, and too how the MRI goes. You're good people my friend, somehow it will all turn out. Remember, "Good things DO happen to GOOD people!!! Support *HUG* to ya darlin!!! :)

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
    was that the well known multi-billion dollar pharmacutical company that I was hopeful would provide one of my most expensive pain meds .... denied me because of too much household income ... even know My wife and I are legally divorced ... they look at the "total household income" Public Aid does the same thing. So once again ... I've been poooched by the system. Funny how we can spend 110 million dollars to establish a primary care network in Iraq - but we can't seem to be able to provide any medical assistance for a nice white semi-educated disabled male .... right here in the heartland of america. Are they any clock towers near by?? (Just kidding)!!

D
  • jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,111
    Has your state started a high risk pool for insurance for people that cannot get insurance at a decent rate because of their conditions? Ohio started theirs this month. I just read in the paper that a woman with lupus and spine issues pays 239.00 per month for medical and prescriptions. The only criteria to be elig. are pre-excisting conditions and have had no medical coverage for 6 months. It is with a very reputable insurance company. Maybe it is something you should look into
    Susan
    Im checking into it!

D
advertisement