Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

recovering from spinal fusion - disc replacement one week post op

Comments

• I so wish you well but please ask lots of questions. I thought my Dr. was like a God after he fused my neck with no problems. Not the case having tlif- my prayers will be with you.
  • It does give hope to read such positive outcomes. Do you mind me asking what part of the country you are in. Sometimes the Dr. makes all of the difference.
  • advertisement
  • I would also be very confused if I were you. Why would your doctor show you what he was going to do, and then do something else?? I am so sorry that you have been in pain for such a long time. I hope that your future surgery to fix L-4 will finally give you the relief from pain you need. Please keep in touch, and thank you for writing.

Lisa
  • I live in Southern California in the high desert. I am very thankful that I feel so good, and that the only pain I feel in the temporary (I hope) nerve pain on my skin. Medicine is taking care of that. But I also know that I need to be mindful of the fact that since I feel so good, that there is always the chance of doing too much and injuring the wonderful work my doctor did. I also read about a lot of people who feel like me, and then months later are in pain for one reason or another. I will say a prayer for you, nice talking to you. I wish you the best.

Lisa
  • Ok, I guess the surgery was a piece of cake. Yesterday was my first day of physical therapy, oh man I can hardly move! LOL 1 hour of therapy at the office, exercise bike, stretching machine, exercise ball therapy. OH and then, 12 exercise I get to do at home, 2 times a day. And still walk a mile a day. Think all the weight I gained on Lyrica is going to melt away :)
  • advertisement
  • Was in incomprehensible pain B4 spinal fusion/disc removal. Now my right leg & foot go from numbness to aching, burning feeling and leg jerks intermittently on its own. Back brace had 2 B modified twice & still uncomfortable. Taking a shower takes Herculean effort and forget standing 10-15 mins. to blowdry hair. Only sleeping 4 hrs. per night never nap during day. Uncomfortable pulling down pressure feeling at base or or higher up on spine.First appt. 2day 2 see xray of 6 screws and rods.was on Dilaudid now just 10mg.oxycodone every 4 hours, pain meds not matching level of pain anymore. Still i am optimistic..any encouraging words from those who can relate?
  • I am so sorry to hear that you are in so much pain. I hope that your visit with your physician gives you some answers to why you are feeling so much pain and are unable to stand for more than 15 minutes. I go through some pain also, but not anywhere near what you are experiencing. I do not wear a brace, never did, but I do wear a bone stimulator 2 hours every day. I have cut my pills down to 1 neurontin, 1 percocet and 1 muscle relaxer at night. I have not had an x-ray yet, and Friday will be 7 weeks. I am anxious to see how my cage and screws and mostly bone fusion are healing. Please let me know how your appointment went to day, and I wish you all the best.
  • Lisa,

It's been a while since we heard from you (or else I just haven't seen your posts). How are you doing? Are you feeling so well that you don't need the support here on the forum? I hope that is the case! ;)

Let us know how things are going for you now. I'm 16 day post-op 2-level lumbar fusion and doing well, except for some very painful radiculopathy which has developed in the last few days. Can't confirm a reason yet but am controlling the pain with Lyrica and Dilaudid. Lyrica makes me feel loopy and from what I read here, I can expect to gain weight from it--oh good, lol.

Take care and know that I'm thinking about you and wishing you well.
    Linda

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • Hello Linda, hi everyone.
    I am in Cabo San Lucas with my husband and my dad. Having a great time, beautiful weather. I am doing light swimming in the pool, walking on the sand, and of course shopping! I will be home tomorrow, and of course will be back on this site, yes, I still need the support Linda. I am glad you are doing good Linda, I hope that the medicine does help you. I did gain some weight with Lyrica, but when I started physical therapy, it is starting to come off. But the weight gain was a good trade-off for not being in pain. Take care everyone, adios!!
    Lisa
advertisement