Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Almost 1 year and still pain free!

YankeeYankee Posts: 107
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:46 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I haven't been around here for a while and thought I would stop by and update life at this end. I am almost 1 year post and am happy to report I am 100% pain free and am working driving a semi truck over the road.I hook and UN hook my trailers my self and on occasion hand unload the truck. I was a little worried about bouncing up and down in the drivers seat but so far I have no problem doing so. At last check my 2 level has a 100% fusion and I am a heavy smoker!. I guess I was blessed!. I hope others here have the same results I have got from surgery!
advertisement

Comments

• Happy for you! Great to hear!
  • Its always great to hear the good outcomes, especially for the newbies who are just starting out on their spiney journey.

Lisa
  • advertisement
  • Great news! Thanks for this positive update and keep on trucking! Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I hope some of your good fortune rubas off on me..:)
  • to hear of a good outcome from surgery, thanks for sharing
  • advertisement
  • Thats wonderful to hear!!! :D :D :D Its nice to see people come back after a while of feeling better,most of us on here are always in pain and a lot of us don't realize that there are ones who do get better and move on.
  • I love to hear success stories! So glad things are going well for you.
  • Yes, things seem to be on track for me post opp. I am doing heavy labor from time to time although I am most careful about how I lift things. My NS was concerned about the continuous up and down motion you get when driving a semi but so far no problems.Bear in mind my neck injury was corrected within days by surgery so permanent damage was kept to a minimum. The NS stated after surgery my bones were nice and hard not too much degeneration was present on examination during surgery.I believe the decision to pursue immediate surgery instead of other treatments in my case helped in my positive outcome.I wish all here a pain free day!
  • I am happy to report all is still well at this end!. My truck driving carer is moving along and my neck fusion is fast becoming a distant memory.I still suffer from no pain or numbness. My final visit with my NS is on the 19Th then good by to doctors I hope for years to come!. I wish all here on the forum a good healing and pain free day!
advertisement