Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Just venting a bit....

Comments

• That is tremendous. I cannot believe you have been through so much at such a young age. The surgery you describe sound just awful to me, I cannot even imagine. I would be scared to death about that too. I think it is appalling that as a pain patient (with valid records at that particular hospital) you were treated like that. Your post reminded me that many years ago, prior to spinal fusion I was in the ER for similar reasons. The treating physician acted much like the one you described and my recent MRIs and other medical records were also available and had been done just weeks before at that same hospital! It is disgusting and it is wrong. We worry ourselves sick over where we are headed, we need meds, which can be tough to convince your doctor they just aren’t working well enough, we cry, we hurt, we get depressed, and we get pissed off about our situation. We didn’t ask for it, but we are stuck with dealing with it – sometimes all by yourself with nobody to help. I think it is terrible that on top of that, you ask for help and get a lecture from some jerk that has probably never experienced anything more than a stubbed toe. It’s disgusting. Take care of yourself and don’t worry about some jerk doctor. Nobody else knows how you feel, and nobody else is going to take care of you – but you! Best wishes..
  • This whole problem seems to me to be poor customer service. Tooyoung went to the ER with legitimate pain and health issues. The doctor treated her but also decided to give her a lecture on pain medication side affects.

The fact is that being on the internet we can only make the assumption that posters are telling the truth. Occasionally we can ferret out some things that just don't sound right. But in general we have to take it at face value. So we assume that Tooyoung had good reason to be there and that the doctor was out of line in what he said.

"C" you are right that someone searching for ER might see a post that scared them away from emergency treatment. On the other side they should know that they may receive a variety of receptions in that ER room. ER doctors are just people with vast training who have to make assessments in moments. Even in the ER you are your own best advocate. Only you know what is right for you.
  • advertisement
  • This thread has run its course. ToYoungforThis was venting and I believe no more good can come from keeping the thread open.

Dave
This discussion has been closed.