Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

when do u call doc or go to hospital?

Comments

• Jconner,

If you can hold out and see your NS tomorrow I would. I mean the ER can reduce the pain with IV pain meds, but your NS is going to be more acquainted with your condition and know what is best for you. Just my thoughts. You might give the emergency number a call and see what they have to say.
  • If your pain is so bad you should call your Surgeon now and see if he helps you or tell you what to do. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • advertisement
  • the ER doesn't see us as we all see each other. They see us as 'drug seekers' and there is a huge, ugly stigma to those with back pain. I hate the ER...and I'm a nurse!
  • that he rarely sends people to the ER because they really can't do much. I called him yesterday moring. He added neurotin to my regimen and changed my muscle relazer. It isn't doing anything..I can't even walk. All I do is lay on the floor.

Tomorrow I am taking a sick day and asking for an emergency appt. I am hoping he can give me another shot..I just need it to last until early October.

Angela
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.