Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

To work or not to work is the ? with Fibro

advertisement

Comments

• Hey Barb I know all about those guys and gals over sea with the military. I was a USMC wife for 6yrs and I tell you what it's a tough job for them and us..lol.. I even thought about the Red Cross they do vitals with the truck out in rural areas while doing the blood donate season. We have alot of reserve stations around my area no real bases but I have always supported them. (Plus got many many friends still active in the military I email or f/b. I do thank you for the suggestion thou. Would be a great project for my 4th graders' class to do too :) Lori
  • Currently I am not working not necessarily due to FM, but a very personal choice I made with many contributes from my last job. I worked in a very high stress environment, it was a lot more physical than I had anticipated. I was in a lot of pain more often than not, the pain and stress involved would cause severe headaches nearly every singl day. My work place asked a lot from me including over time. Unfortunately it wasn't a large company and didn't offer FMLA so that wasn't an option. After about three years of hell I said, "enough" and quit on valentine's day of all day's.

It took nearly a month for me to regroup and rest. My pain level is so much better. Yes I still have days I have to take it slow, but I would say most days my pain is a 3/4 where during my employment I was at a constent 9/10. It was real bad. My employees didn't understand, the people I worked with didn't understand. I'd say "I'm in a lot of pain today" then they'd ask me to do something that required a lot of lifting. I'd do it, then pay for it later.

Since I've been off I've had very few headaches the one's I've had are mostly weather/sinus related. I've been sleeping and feeling so much more rested. My energy level is up. I would love to continue on like this and my husband has been very supportive. I may look for more work down the road maybe something part time, but for now I'm enjoying life a little bit more. I'm completing so many projects at home that I just couldn't get to when working full-time, I'd either have a headache, be extremely sore, or worn out or all of the above and nothing was getting done.

I currently am taking Lyrica 75mcg two at night along with my Lexappro. It has definately helped. My pain isn't completely gone, but I'm not in constent pain like I was before I started taking it. If I forget to take it for a couple of days I can tell a huge difference. So, as much as I hate to take meds I take it every night now.

I think to work or not work is a very personal decision and maybe just maybe simply taking a few months off is what you need. I know its done me a world of good, my attitude is so much better. I feel like a different person. I've been off now for about 4 months and I sit and think why did I put myself through such hell for so long.
  • advertisement