Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.


BarbF01BBarbF01 Posts: 123
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:47 AM in Alternative Treatments
Im not even sure what a person who specializes in using natural herbs to help people w/ their pain issues...but how would one even go about finding out if someone is reputable? Ive asked many people I know, and no one was able to give me a word of mouth referral...


  • You mean a Naturopath Dr? They have an association just like Drs. I have never used one but I watch a Naturopath Dr. on a regular TV show where I live. Good luck and maybe your health benefits pay for them? Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I didn't even know that they may be covered under my health insurance! I'll have to look into that! Thank you..and yes, I think that Naturopath Dr. is the title I was looking for.
  • advertisement
  • You can try Googling "Naturopathic doctor organization" and then check the org's site for a list of doctors in your area.
    Also, you may want to consider a Integrative Doctor. They are MD's who use traditional medicine as well as naturopathic medicine.
  • Maybe an osteopath(DO) if your insurance won't cover the others. Many of them will start with natural remedies. You should call the office and speak with the office manager before going. Ask if they use natural treatments...most will be honest.
Sign In or Register to comment.