Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

October 2010 Surgery

advertisement

Comments

• I had L4-L5 and L5-S1 fusion with a pars fracture 11 and a half months ago. I'm going in for hardware injections in 2 days, because i still have a lot of pain! Dr said if the injections make the pain better, he'll take the hardware out! Would love some feedback from anyone with hardware injection and removal experience, please!
  • Hi Scott,
    Sorry I can't help you but I got notified by e-mail when you posted on this thread as I started it.
    My hardware appears to be doing the trick as I'm feeling pretty good but still off work.
    My second lot of spinal surgery was November last year and I've had to increase my pain meds to allow me to do the hydrotherapy but my therapist is really happy with my progress even if it is quite slow.
    I was told to expect a slow recovery due to the fact that all the muscles in my spine have been doing other things for the last 2 years to compensate for my poor posture whilst in so much pain.
    Anyway-best of luck with your injections Scott.
  • advertisement
  • Thanks Scott! Had my injections yesterday, already feeling a little better today! I hope this works, of coarse if it does they'll go in and take the hardware out! I've heard that's a lot easier surgery than the fusion with only about 6 weeks recovery time! I'm ready to get back to somewhat of a normal life, hope and pray that this will do the trick! Good luck with your back, hope all goes well!