Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Seriously am I the only one?

Comments

• You are right. Appearantly I have had this condition all my life but they just discovered it. I always had nose bleedings for no reason all my life excessive bleedings. In '96 when I had a C-Section they actually did not want to do it because they said my blood isn't clotting right , but never explained why, in '05 when I had a Hysterectomy I nearly died because I had internal bleeding and the OBGYN surgeon had to go back the nxt day to fix vessels and Hematoma can you believe that :jawdrop: :< and guess what they gave me for pain? Freakin Naproxen!!! nice little deadly combination for me, because that is at least one of the Meds I cannot have, but they idn't know that ofcourse because nobody bothered to check why I was bleeding so outrageously. All this at Kaiser. So when I had to have Ovary removed in '09 I let that OBGYN surgeon know about the nice little episode with the Hysterectomy, so he orders a ptt and aptt and guess what? my bleeding time was wayyyyy out. So he sends me to the Hematologist and that is when they discover that I have VWD Go figure.

But like I said to Brenda above depending on my bleeding during surgery I will need another dose of DDAVP they told me today.

Thanks for you kind words and advise :)
  • I talked to them and the referred me to Hematologist , said that they have to order Meds for bleeding. It's all taken care off now.

• advertisement
  • My dad and sister have Von Willebrands. It is very rare. I believe it is the factor 5 clotting that is the cause.

As to your question he has never had spine surgery but he has had several heart surgeries including a bypass, valves, pace maker implant, revision surgery. He has also had knee and hand surgery and I'm sure something else I am forgetting.

The doctors have to be aware and the anesthesiologist as well. It is very possible to have a successful surgery.
  • Butterflye,

I hear ya there. Glad to hear you were able to talk with the Hematologist, I am sure that helped ease things for you. I will keep positive thoughts heading your way at a very good surgery. :) Yes, please let us know how you're doing.

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Factor VIII (eight) actually. Yes I hear only !% ofthe population has it. A lot of Doctor's have not even heard about it.I hope your Dad is okay now. Thanks for sharing. :)

I mean 1% :)
  • advertisement
  • You see Butterfly, you got some answers. I guess you did have to spread the wings a little though to get noticed. I am glad that others were able to help out some hopefully. Sometime the rare stuff does get lost in all the chronic stuff. I'm glad you spoke out and did not give up. I have learned so much from this site and all these good people. This place has been my life line more than once. Ya'll have a good one.
advertisement