Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

smoking

fatcatflame10ffatcatflame10 Posts: 7
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:47 AM in Stop Smoking
:H I was a smoker for the last 10 years and I was able to quit cold turkey In Febuary and I have had a few urges to start and when I do I think about my 3 neices and and that I want to be able to chase them and Play with them when they get older. So I have been smoke free for about 8 months now and I have not felt better In years :H
advertisement

Comments

• Good for you, fatcat! You'll be better of in so many ways. =D>
    Linda

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • i too have gone cold turkey as i have found it to be the best way to stop {i have also stopped ..in the past for long periods like 10 years then 5 years and 4 years ..i now need to stay stopped because i need an ALIF within the next few months ..nicotine patches mad me have horrible nightmares and sweats ..and i don't like the gum or any other replacement crap ..just stopping cold is not as hard as it sounds if fact depending on your personality its can be rewarding to have won something when you are in pain all the time you find that many things are taken from you so if you can get a little back it feels good ..
    keep stopped ..i am not making any promise this time .even tho i must keep off them it can take a smallest thing and i will be back to 20 a day again and i don't want that
    STRAKER
  • advertisement
  • I'm 21 days without a cig. I did buy the electronic ecig and it finally got here on Sat. But I made sure to purchase cartridges with 0mg of nicotine...
    I love it and provides just the psychological crutch I need!
  • This is a good decision that you have taken for your good health.Smoking is not only injurious for your health but also for your family memebers.
  • I had to stop for a fusion,I'm 93 days stpped,LOL.
    It's been such an eye-opener.As someone else said,I am winning in so many different ways.I'm loving it!!!
    Keep up the Giving up---you owe it to yourself,man what a difference.
    Cheers All.
  • advertisement
  • @) i need hypnosis to help me stop. my surgery(lumbar fusion) is coming up and i have tried to slow down and or stop and to no avail!! i think smoking is gross, i can't stand it, and it's making my pain worse. so why can't i stop?? Because i'm addicted...anyone out there have any suggestions on how you quit? please help. thank you
  • I took Wellbutrin which is the same med as Zyban and it takes away the urges. Also have tried Champix to help me quit but this med had many side effects for me. See your Dr. to see how they can help you. I don't know if hypnosis will work or if its covered by health insurance but Wellbutrin is covered as an anti-depressant if your Dr. orders it like that. Best wishes. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • ...so out of desperation i went and got the patch. i haven't had a cigarette in 4 days. Amazing. now i just need to never light up again! smoking is so horrible. i cant believe i smoked for so long..
  • Quite smoking is the right and very good decision. It will help you to stay healthy and to live a long and healthy life. Many people are addicted to smoking for them smoking become an habit and they are become unhealthy and they can face number of diseases.
  • This is really very good that you had take initiative to quit smoking. Smoking is really very bad for health and sometimes it can also affects on our personal life. It is better to quit smoking and live a healthy life.
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.