Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Headed to the ER

inchwormiinchworm Posts: 719
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:47 AM in Recovering from Surgery
Just a note to let all know that I'm headed to the ER shortly. Have been awake a good share of the night in severe pain--my leg clear up to my waist hurts and half my leg is numb. Not sure why this sudden acceleration of the pain but I don't have enough or strong enough medication to handle how I feel. When oxycodone wasn't cutting it last night, I found some Dilaudid I'd had left over from my total knee 6 months ago. Thankfully, it takes the edge off the pain so I could sleep for short periods. Didn't want to go to the ER in the middle of the night and was hoping things would be better this a.m. but no such luck. Don't know what I did or what's going on but I think it has something to do with the back brace. Wore it for 3 hours yesterday and was worse afterwards.

Thanks for your support and prayers. May your day be a better one than what I'm having right now! :)
Linda

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
advertisement

Comments

• Oh no Linda,

I really hope they can get on top of your pain in the ER and that you will be home soon. So sorry that you having all this pain. :(
  • this pain and need to go to the ER, hope they can reduce your pain and its the brace needing an adjustment that causing it
    hope this settles soon for you :)
    hugs flower
    please let us no how you get on
  • advertisement
  • Thanks for your kind thoughts. Coming here is like good medicine and I appreciate everyone so much.

I'm still at home. After husband woke up we discussed it and I decided I'd be just as well off waiting at home until my surgeon's office opens. Would change the title of this post if I knew how to do that. They may want to see me for xrays or other tests but I can go in if they do. I was just in so much pain that I thought I'd have to have help sooner but it is working out okay--I'm surviving and will report back when the source of the pain is figured out and/or relieve.

Gentle hugs to all...
    Linda

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • Oh, that doesn't sound good at all! Keep us posted if you can. Good luck with it all today!
  • Don't know if your ER is the same, but here they do nothing for you. Maybe some mild meds and then tell you to call your doctor. Makes sense but is very frustrating.

Hope you get some answers this morning.
  • advertisement
  • completely understand not going off to the ER if its possible to hold off , good you been able to manage to see your doctor in the morning. where i live , you can literally wait for many hrs to be seen too in non life threatening situations , and when your not well its mighty uncomfortable , however of course there are times when you need its not possible to not go

take care , hope you get some answers and releif tommrow
    flower :)
  • and hoping that your surgeon will be able to decide what the problem is and find a solution for your pain/numbness.

Let us know how you get on. :-)
  • Indeed about not going to the ER- the one time I went to the ER for pain I ended up waiting in the waiting room for hours. Not fun :( I would also go the home-surgeon route were I you!
  • Boy, this business is confusing, if nothing else. One minute (hour) I'm feeling pretty decent and the next I bomb. At the moment it feels like an elephant is stepping on my shinbone. Just got a call from the PA and he's going to give me some Lyrica to see of that helps, as well as a script for more pain med. Took Lyrica briefly with my C7 herniation and it worked wonders. Am hoping this will do the same.

Thanks again to each caring person who has taken the time to write a kind word.
    Linda

• Wow,after i just got off the phone with u, i did finish reading your post.As i said, after reading just TWO lines i was so worried, glad u answered! I had my brace modified twice because an ill-fitting one that CAUSES more pain is counter-productive to our recovery. You must be grateful 2 have such a responsive doctor, hoping the meds give u a much needed reduction of pain. Happy things worked out,hoping u have a good rest of day & night.
    ~Julie
advertisement