Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
Data Entry Job – SCAM!

We are aware that someone out there is using our CEO’s name and our company name to “recruit” people for a data entry job. It is a fake. Please do not give them any of your personal information. We are not now, nor have we ever, had data entry positions available.

7 months post and this journey never stops

advertisement

Comments

• I'm sorry to hear about this happening to you!
    Believe me i understand how you feel.

I might be able to give you one piece of advice.
    That being like what was previously stated, Apply for SSDI, that should put more of a burden on your husband if this goes thru.
    You dont have to be already approved for it, just get the application in, and it should be in your favor when and if this goes thru.

If your on SSD you have no earning ability.
    Best of luck to ya.
  • Thank you all so much! You are the best and I am sorry I stayed away, but I realize this is where I need to be!

This year has been so inceredibly difficult and it just doesn't seem to stop...

I really underestimated the procedure yesterday. In the past, I have had a ton of these. I figured I'd have the procedure, go home, sleep awhile and be on my way. I even wondered if I should get the procedure. I should have known ~ I have an incredibly high pain threshold (but it doesn't seem like it after recovering froma fusion).

Not being able to stand as my legs buckled was so scarey. trying to walk when you can't feel them is a trip! So to speak! Last night my right leg went totally numb, it is all so scary.

I have tons of questions as to what does this all mean? Wondering why so much immflamation on the L3 nerve.

I don't think I would have ever quit my marriage but I can see how it is so unhealthy. I don't know what is on the other side of this door, but I am willing to go thru it, a biet slowly....

Thank you so very much! I love my spiney friends!
  • advertisement
  • Shari it's mutual... you need us and we sure need you!!
  • Oh Shari....you will be in my prayers on BOTH issues!!!

• I am so glad that you have posted here again. :D
    You need all the support that we can give you.

You already know that I am praying for you my friend and will continue to do so.

I hope that the inflamation will settle down very soon, and that your leg will regain its strength.

We'll talk again very soon.
    Sending a very gentle, but caring hug >:D<

• advertisement
  • that you have had a better day. There is life beyond divorce...and you are surrounded by spiney friends.

Have you talked with your family about divorce? You will definitely need their help.

I've been praying for you all day.

Lisa
  • Yup, you can't get rid of us!! :) It seems you are in a better frame of mind now. As Beaver stated "This too shall pass." I think there is a lot to that little bitty phrase. It sounds like the marriage isn't worth fighting for?

If that is the case, start your SSD application and get it in, contemporaneously, get a good divorce and SSD attorney to get things rolling in *your* favor! It's too bad he is doing this at this time especially. You don't need the stress I am sure. Positive energy and prayers heading your way Shari. ***HUGZ***

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • My heart goes out to you, especially after all you've been through since your surgery.

Many years ago, my husband suddenly walked out on me after I'd had a period of illness. My two beautiful Irish Wolfhounds helped me get through the trauma. Life on my own hasn't been easy, but I have many many blessings in new friends, spiritual enrichment and my furbabies.

I hope the numbness in your leg settles down soon and that slowly but surely you begin to heal emotionally and physically.

>:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<

Trish

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008
  • My heart goes out to you. You know if your man can not stand by you in your worst of times, he is NOT worthy of being near you in the best of times! As this too shall pass. I pray you have a strong support network close to you, family & friends, that can provide you with the love and special attention you need at this time. You always have the forum, I wish I could give you a big hug right now. You will get through this.

On your injection, I had a very similar incident, Jan of this year I went for Lumbar caudal injection (i had 4 previous ones over the past 4 years) it normally would take about 4 hours from pre op to recovery, done in OR setting, this time, like you, I had two nurses attempt to pick me up to get me walking, both legs were like noodles,the just buckled and down I went....scared to death, first they said, need a little more time, 30 min latter, same, after two more hours and several attempts, I was scared to death, and like you between these injections and the epidurals, they had become so routine, I told my husband not to come and to stay with my younger son, I had my 21 year old with me who was completely freaked out. The gave me some valium to calm me down, one nurse said "oh the doc just got your sweet spot and this will be your best injection results ever".....NOT. In any event NS who did injection finally came to see me 4 hours after I should have been discharged put something in my iv, ran some neuro testing and said I would be ok. Said many nerves were over sensitive and inflamed and it will subside. The what should've been a 4 hour ordeal was actually 14 hours long and my legs were weak for about two days. And within a week, I was (ny legs) back to normal. OBTW, that injection never gave me relief, no sweet spot.
    I pray you regain strength & your leg nerves settle down very soon.
    Please take good care of yourself.
    Virginia
  • You are in my thoughts and prayers. The numbness is so scary. In a funny story my hubby drove me home after a shot and I was getting number and number. When he took me out of the car my legs had no feeling and I was high from pain meds. I said in a lovely stoned voice...is this what it feels like to be paralyzed? My husband was laughing his ass off. It was funny but so scary.

Hang in there. We all love you here...make sure you stick around!

Angela
advertisement