Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Disability Retirement with Spinal Stenosis

advertisement

Comments

• Hi! I'm new here. In 2004 I was having neck problems. I was a bank teller. First meds, then Chiroptactor, then injections, then MRI, then surgery. By that time i could not look up. My spine physician performed Anterior cervical discectomy C5-6 & C6-7 with plating C5 to C7. Diagnosis - Cervical myelopathy. Everything healed great!
    In 2010 I started dropping cash & coin at my bank job. My boss sent me to the dr & that was the last day I worked. Xrays & MRI. I saw the xray.....the plate had shifted & severe compression of my spinal cord. Now I had severe pain in my neck, shooting down both arms into my hands. My hands are clumsy & there is numbness. So I had surgery to remove the plate & repositioned it again with screws. After surgery nothing had changed. Severe pain in my neck, arms & hands. My doctor told me to go apply for Social Security Disability & that he would back me 100%. So I did. Surgery was in July. I started receiving Social Security in December. Now this December I start Medicare. I loved my job, loved to knit & play the piano & swim & water ski. I was physically very active. Now I take meds just to get through each day. Gabapentin 1800mg a day, Cyclobenzaprine 30mg a day & Nortriptyline 30mg at bedtime. The pain in my fingers throbs. When I touch something cold it feels like fire. I wear gloves most of the time..even to bed. I'm constantly dropping & breaking things. It is painful just to reach above my head. I type with my pinkie...the one finger that hurts the least. I am sad.
    I need to decide if Spinal Cord Stimulation Therapy would help me or not. Help!
    MargieJV