Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Been having pubic bone pain...

Comments

• Just read this "T".. How awful for you! I bet that was a scary time, just having a baby and going thru all that – what a whopper of a recovery I’ll bet! How is your pubic pain now? Any better at all? Guess I should scroll down, you may have already said 
  • Well Tammy I will just say a short healing prayer for you and keep my fingers crossed!! Please keep us updated Honey!!!
  • advertisement
  • Tammy you are so kind :D Things were rough ( as you know ) but she is under a decent PM Dr, not as great as we would hope but she is not longer alone. The little guy whose nickname is chunky monkey is SUPER great and about 9 months old now and very healthy :)

I too found that "chart" very helpful and educational -Thanks inchworm :)

Tammy, can you be adjusted by a chiropractor for this pain? That usually helps mine.

L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • I was wondering what type of stretches or exercise are helping with your feet? Mine are just awful and I have tried a few things my PM suggested but it doesn't seem to do a whole lot. They don't hurt, I can't feel them, but I have problems with the balls of my feet swelling and being discolored. My doctor said it had to do with neuropathy I believe, and to try some different things to keep circulation strong, etc. I live on a farm, so I do dumb things, like step on something that cuts the bottom of the ball of my foot, or step on a puncture weed and part of it stays in there, but I can't feel it until it swells and gets infected - then I have to soak it, or get the puncture weed out, whatever. The swelling seems to be there in the mornings; I can tell its hard to walk on the balls, but then it gets better throughout the day. I just wondered what exactly seems to help yours? Thanks & I HOPE you get this new issue figured out and addressed soon! It stinks to already have a bunch of issues and have some new oddball thing pop up into the mix isn't it. Too bad we can't just trade these tired old bodies in on newer, better versions!!! Someday I suppose :) Take care buddy - Marion
  • I really appreciate the prayer and well wishes. >:D<

I promise to keep you all informed, as time goes by.

Wishing you less pain,

Tammy
  • advertisement
  • Great news about your daughter and your darling "chunky monkey". :)

About the chiropractor... you know, I am very paranoid about who touches my spine. I am only comfortable with the group of physicians I have and the PT group, as well. I DO appreciate your idea and suggestion, though. I am always open to that! :)

Wishing you a good night sleep,

Tammy

• I would be happy to share what exercises I do for my feet circulation. I wanted to mention that the balls of my feet haven't been a problem with swelling or discoloration, instead, they get HOT and numb during the night. That only happens when I wake up and I'm laying on my back with my knees bent and my feet are flat on the bed. The discoloration on my feet is visible all along the sides of my feet, my toes and about 1 1/2 inches out from my toes and side of my feet... on the top of my feet.

Here are the three exercises I do to improve circulation in my feet:

1. Ankle/foot alphabet. While sitting, using your ankle and foot only, trace the letters of the alphabet from A-Z with your feet. (Just like how you would trace letters with your fingers on paper or in the air). You do one set of these with your foot elevated and another set with your foot on the ground. Only do one foot at a time, then switch to the other foot. I am allowed to repeat this exercise 1-2 times per setting and I do these twice a day.

2. Ankle/foot toe curling. Place a regular sized towel on the floor and with both feet resting on the towel, slowly bunch up the towel by curling your toes. I generally start with my feet place about 4 inches from the bottom of the towel. Try to get all toes involved when doing your scrunching. If you are having any pain when doing this, try to go as gently as possible. Just getting those toes a moving really has helped my circulation. If it hurts - stop.

3. Ankle/foot pumps. With both legs elevated on your wedge (or stacked up sleeping pillows), gently flex and extend your ankle. Have your feet very relaxed and just stretch one upwards towards the ceiling and then down again. You can do these alternately or together.

I also do some ankle rotations when laying down.

Hope these might help you. It took a couple of sessions for me to start noticing improvement, but once I started noticing improvement... it continues to get better as long as I stick with these exercises.

Take good care, my friend.

Tammy :)
  • I just found out I have degenerative arthritis in my pubis bone. And here I though it was my ovaries. I just started therapy because I also have it in my hips and lower back. Even the therapist said it's unusual to have arthritis in this area.
  • The treehouse is gone, gone, gone.

Nikki couldn't look at it, after my fall, so my dad and Mike tore it down.

Thank you for all of your ongoing well wishes... I do appreciate them and you, as well.

Tammy >:D<
  • Welcome to Spine-Health. :)

I am sorry to hear about all of your arthritis and can sympathize with you. I hope your therapy gives you some welcomed relief.

Do you take any kind of arthritis medication? I was prescribed Etodolac a few months ago and it has REALLY helped my Osteoarthritis.

I have yet to get my pelvic CT done, due to a switch in my ER medications. I hope to have this done in the next couple of weeks.

Thank you for your post and again, best wishes on getting some relief.

Tammy
advertisement