Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

6TH day after L4 L5 fusion

advertisement

Comments

• cracking me up! :))(
    Ya'll, I'd appreciate it if you'd quit calling it a "nasty cath" - it's really hurting my ego here. LOL

ok , no more shortened cath , it is cathater from now on ! :P

John , you poor thing , ohh you will feel better whwen its out
    hugs
    flower
  • Lol Sorry cath but it is out now and I feel liberated
    lol just got home staples out to :))( :))( :))( :))(
  • advertisement
  • excellent news there john <:P <br />
    boy i bet you feel a lot better with the cathether and stitches out

sending you positive healing energy
    flower
  • Thanks flower I do feel Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better liberated even lol free at last free at last =))
  • Glad to see you are feeling a bit better and being a bit mobile...which at six days post is really encouraging to hear.

Looking forward to hearing from you on the other side of the cath.

Angela
  • advertisement
  • Very happy to hear your cath issues are over, I hope you have no additional issues with urethra or bladder. I say this, as I am having issues so I totally can relate, I am 9 weeks post ALIF L 4-5, and have been having issues since then. NOT pleasant! John, I'm sure you are on antibiotics, after being catherized for so long ...don't won't any uti complications.

How are you feeling otherwise? Back, legs... all feeling good? I sure hope so! I wish you a healthy & speedy recovery!
    God bless!
    Virginia

Ccope, my husband has to catherize me 2-3 times a day, maybe its different for guys....I don't think he minds too much LOL! Seriously, with my limited range of motion I could not do it myself (not even sure if I wasn't in chronic pain if I would want to!) Again, my husband was an eager and astute student and the urologist was a good teacher.
    Virginia
  • Glad your feeling better John
    I didnt have a catheter but the nurse did threaten me with one if I didnt go.Thats all it took the flood gates were open.
  • Yes back legs all seem to doing ok some pain but i think that is normal. finally got a great nights sleep
    with not cath lastnight I slept real good felt great
    :D
  • I bet it was such a relief to get the catheter and staples out. How did you get a good night's sleep so early in your recovery? Hope you get lots more.

Good to hear that you're doing well in the early part of your recovery.

Keep letting us know how you're going.

Trish

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008
  • Hi Trish I sleep 2 hours at a time it seems but it is a good 2 hours last night was not as well halloween
    but that was ok I watched Ghost hunters live all night lol love that show .....my legs are starting to hurt
    now I hope that is normal do you know? Thanks for your reply trish hope your doing well :H
advertisement