Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Way off topic but needed to vent...

angela_talley03aangela_talley03 Posts: 109
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:48 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Tomorrow I have to take my two year old to get tested for Leukemia.. I have some how managed to keep this a secret for the rest of the family as I don't want to make anyone worry if there isn't a need. Only my mother knows as she lives with us.. We are in the process of buying a new home and close on it next Wednesday which as any of you who have been through the home buying process know is stressful in itself.. I feel like I may actually be lossing my mind.. On the down side to keeping this a secret I have had to deal with all the fear and breakdowns on my own.. I just needed a place to vent and knew that I was safe among my spinal family.. If you could just keep some fingers crossed for us until we get the test results back, which I am unsure how long will take but I will know tomorrow... Thanks..
advertisement

Comments

• I am praying for you and your family. I can't imagine the emotional pain you are going through. Have positive thoughts..and the wonderful adventure with the new house!

Angela
  • Angela we are all with you. Think positive tomorrow and all will turn out fine. You are soo strong to take this all on yourself. Remember the circle of spineys :)
  • advertisement
  • Prayers and positive energy that all turns out well for your son. Secret is safe here. *HUGZ*

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Oh, Angela, what an awfully stressful situation to have to deal with! I'm so sorry. You don't know yet what will happen but you can know your spiney friends are praying for you and your daughter! I'm glad you decided to share with us and let us help you carry this heavy burden. image
    Linda

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • Angela,

I will pray for you!! I believe there is power in prayer. I can't imagine what you are going through but just know you are not alone!

Please keep us informed!!

Maria~
  • advertisement
  • Thank you all a million times.. I will let you guys know something as soon as I hear anything.. My daughter hates needles so I know that she is not going to be a very happy little girl but as long as the blood work comes back normal she will just have to get over that needle poke... Lol.. I'm just ready to know.. Either our lives are about to stay boring which I would love or our lives are about to change in ways I can't even imagine right now.. Thank you all again for the prayers..

Angela(26) and Brooklyn(2)
  • Angela,

Sorry, not sure why I thought "son" vs "daughter." My bad. Fingers crossed for her and your family!! *HUG*

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • I'm praying for you and little Brooklyn what a lovely name. Positive thoughts and prayers for your family. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • That's ok Brenda.. I've done it before also.. Well I didn't sleep much last night.. By time I feel asleep my alarm went off.. I have to bring my son to school and then wait until the appointment which is at 10:00 am... And then if I am out in time I have to go put on a happy a face and have Mom's Moment's with my son at his school. I just hope they don't make us wait to long for test results.. I just don't know that I can handle anymore added stress... Thank you guys so much for letting me vent and get this off my chest.. I know I am safe with my spinal family.!.!.!.!

• I am so sorry that you have this worry in addition to all your other problems.

I will certainly pray for Brooklyn, you and the rest of the family.

Please do let us know how things go and what the results of the tests are.

Take good care of yourself too :-) xx
advertisement