Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
Data Entry Job – SCAM!

We are aware that someone out there is using our CEO’s name and our company name to “recruit” people for a data entry job. It is a fake. Please do not give them any of your personal information. We are not now, nor have we ever, had data entry positions available.

surgery success

tractxttractx Posts: 29
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I had multi-level lumbar fusion L4-5 and L5-S1 Oct 6th. The surgery went real well. The nerve pain in my legs is gone completely. I have learned to be for the most part self suffecient, I can bathe my self dress my self an walk without the aid of a cain or walker. I walk 15 min 3 times a day. I still have quite a bit of psin but thr mrdicine does a pretty good job of controlling it. I take norco 10/325 every 4 hrs and xanax .5 2 before bed and a half a one in the afternoon and neurontin 3 times a day. All in all I feel really good as long as I keep uo with medicines, though I do have occasional days where I feelmpretty well drained. I had a follow upvisit with my Dr. on the 28th he said I was right on track and to make sure I wasnt trying to rush things and overdoing it.
Just wanted you guys know what was going on and let you know success is possible.
advertisement

Comments

• i wish you well and hope that you continue to recover as well as you have done already ..but dont over do anything .you dont want to undo the surgeons good work
    tx
  • Tractx, thanks for sharing your success story!
    As Straker said, don't overdo it, sometimes the initial, wow this or that pain is gone, can lead one to think they can do something they really shouldn't. You want to stay on the track your on....which is the road to full recovery!

Walking is wonderful and I like that you are breaking it up 15 min 3 times a day, that shows that you know your limitations, which is so important, you want to forge ahead with NO back tracking.

Stay healthy! Keep posting your success as it is very encouraging, we always hear the opposite (I'm one of those, not as lucky as you...at the moment, but my plan is to get to where you are!)

Best of luck
    Virginia
  • advertisement
  • Tractx, thanks for sharing your success story!
    As Straker said, don't overdo it, sometimes the initial, wow this or that pain is gone, can lead one to think they can do something they really shouldn't. You want to stay on the track your on....which is the road to full recovery!

Walking is wonderful and I like that you are breaking it up 15 min 3 times a day, that shows that you know your limitations, which is so important, you want to forge ahead with NO back tracking.

Stay healthy! Keep posting your success as it is very encouraging, we always hear the opposite (I'm one of those, not as lucky as you...at the moment, but my plan is to get to where you are!)

Best of luck
    Virginia
  • You have been a huge encouragement to me Tony and I know that one day soon you'll be where I am at. I will continue post my journey to recovery. To many people abandon their posts once they have success. I will let you guys know how it goes good or bad. Thank you for all the prayers and encouragement.

Tracy
  • Congratulations Tracy please continue to take it easy and God Bless!!
  • advertisement
  • Isn't it wonderful not to have any nerve pain in the leg. When I had my surgery last year, I could hardly believe that the leg pain was gone when I was up walking the next day. The post-op pain usually takes quite a while to ease.

You're doing well breaking up the walking in smaller sections and not overdoing things.

Keep letting us know how you're going and I wish you all the best for the rest of your recovery.

Trish

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008
advertisement