Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

more bad news

advertisement

Comments

• odd, you have to wait to go on a waiting list! but just a thought, maybee your surgeon likes to thouroughy go over each of his patients probs/plan the surgery, make sure in his own mind , before he puts you on his waiting list.

i no your mentally at that place now , to go full steam ahead, i really sympthasize tony, it sure must be hard to take

like sue d said, keep up with your swimming, coz not only will it give you something to focus on , but you no thats its so gonna benefit you for surgery

keep at it tony
    take care
    flower
  • jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,111
    The hits just keep coming your way dont they. I am really sorry that you are playing the waiting game and like someone else said i would call everyday, and maybe just maybe something will get done.
    susan
  • advertisement
  • Tony, I feel your pain & frustration. ~X(

I am sorry you have suffer in this HUGE waiting game.
    My heart goes out to you, really. Yes, ALIF is complicated and your case is specifically complex.

I had canceled my original surgery date 7/6/10, due to personal issues, to reschedule I had to wait till 8/24/10, 9 weeks! Private insurance in the US. But like you I had top NS, top vascular surgeon, superior NS OR nurses as part of my surgical team & I even had head of anesthesia on my case. So took that long here in the good old USA... Due to TALENT!

Tony, I know how excited you were recently, and now this crushing realization. It is not easy to assemble a team of such experts on one case, anywhere!

I know just a bit about your healthcare system in the UK, I know people wait weeks & months for simple test.

Please try & manage your pain, you have a long wait ahead of you, unfortunate YES, sad YES, painful YES mental anguish YES.
    You have to read all the posts and consider your options while you wait. Pain NEEDS TO BE MANAGED!

I will pray for a miracle that your name gets on that list as quick as possible. Please hang in there, WE ARE ALL FOR YOU!

Virginia
  • Duplication sorry.
  • if i went to the ER i would be sent home and told to take my pain killers .they wont operate ..the waiting list for my operation is endless i am not even on the official waiting list yet! i am on a list to get on the waiting list ..yes i think its mad too..i have had every injection and procedure available to man but no good and to be honest with you the ALIF is supposed to be the only thing that MAY help.there is nothing i can do to make this happen any sooner .my doctor has requested that i am seen sooner but he got the same response as me ..mr beer will have to wait his turn ..all mr x cases are serious and everyone is in the same boat .the site that i found the surgeon on talk about the surgeon by name but they all say that from the first consultation to operation takes about 2 years and i have only been in the system for less than a year .the ALIF is a massive operation and requires a lot of medical services and at the moment in the uk things are not good regarding anything that cost ! i may have to wait even longer and i may even have the operation cancelled !!!!!!!
    t
  • advertisement
  • Why, would your case be cancelled Tony, are you just feeling that frustrated, and lost in an endless system, or did someone imply this?
    Please elaborate,
    Virginia
  • due to the fact that its not an emergency operation it could be cancelled .its an expensive operation and there's no guarantee that i will get any relief from it .so the PCT can cancel it .its unlikely but it can happen .{if i was to be done on my area PCT it would be canceled } there are people tyring to get there hips operated on in a different area .my wife works for our PCT and every year she has to save 4 percent it may not sound like much but it is ..next year she has to save 9 percent and then after april another 2 percent .that a lot of money .its done by shedding staff an not placing and stuff that get broken wont be getting replaced.{i will give you and example .the other day there laminator broke down ..now normally my wife would just order one from the central stores ..they would not let her so she bought one with her own money from ADSA! .its the same with the operations they want as many people as possible to pay for there own operations .there was a time when you could go part private .like you could see a consultant privately the after he had seen you go back to the NHS now you cant do that if you start private you must stay private .i can't afford that now ..i could when i was working as i had bupa or ppp i cant remember .but my operation is around 50 k and i could never afford that ever! sue i dont feel anxious just deflated i feel like i am in limbo its another half a year to wait i need to get my head around it and try to live life as normal as i can .and yes i am still off the fags
  • I feel so bad for you. You are on the right track. You do have to get your head around this wait list, it really sucks! But you are forced by the government run social healthcare system, probably, with the largest population in the world. I'm sure the whole system is inflamed. It is just so sad that you need to suffer needlessly for SO LONG!

Now, you can vent, scream, cry, whatever it is you need to do to get through this.

I applaud you for staying off the smokes! That's brilliant! I think after the recent hospital call, I would have instinctively lit on up! So good job with that.

If I remember you are also trying to shed a stone or too, correct? Stay the course Tony!

Budget cuts are rampant here (US) as well and it upsets me so when it hits the children, sick & the elderly. What can we do, the economies are in shambles. Again, I am sorry you must endure this.

Keep positive, I highly doubt you will get canceled. I think the complexity of your case should intrigue Mr X to keep you on the list.....once you get on the official list!

I am praying for you Straker.

Virginia
  • yes i am needing to loose a stone or three .i have lost a bit but not enough yet .but there's one good thing about my operation being so long away i have more time to loose weight and get a little fitter .as for the smoking i have managed to stop for very long periods before without any help from patches /drugs etc and i will stop again for a long time this time i haven't used any patches of drugs i find that stopping iis all in the mind and the only way to stop is to want to stop .the times i have failed is when i haven't really wanted to stop .this time i know that i need to be ass fit as i can be to cope with this operation as its massive .and if i can be a few stone lighter it will help with recovery .i will do all i can to make this my last shot at getting a better quality of life .i have tried everything and nothing works ..so all the eggs are in the one basket ..
    tx
advertisement