Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Buzzing/ Internal Vibrations

Comments

• hhmmmm, I haven't felt my pinky toe since my lateral release almost 4 years ago!! When I stand, the whole appendage just goes numb, lol
    Kelly
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • I know with mine, standing pretty much was the only activity that caused them to go numb. If while standing for instance, I were to lean back or forward, the numbness would go away! So your piggy toe also only numbs in certain positions? I don't things going numb, but only if the numb *will* go away! :)

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • advertisement
  • oh, no my little piggy ( :))( ) has been numb since my knee surgery, my whole leg and foot goes numb when standing after a few minutes. Walking, it takes a little longer, but definitely standing still, it doesn't take long at all. Circulation?
    Kelly
  • Knee surgery knocked out your piggy? Bummer! I had modified arthroscopic on mine, no nerve problems that I ever noticed. Did they check the circulation? You know one of those vascular Docs that get paid the big bucks! I don't even remember 'nerve damage' as one of the pre-surgical warnings. But that was in the late 80's....So now you're telling me you're little piggy CAN'T go weee, wheeee, wheeeeeee all the way home! Snicker-doodle mode off, sorry couldn't resist!! :)

Oh Kelly, you're killing me tonight! Thanks!!! :)

Brenda
  • Nope, it got left behind at the market!! LOL

Well, what happened, after the lateral release (they cut the tendon attached to my knee, as it was too tight and pulling my kneecap off track, and scraped the knee cap down as well) about a week later, apparently I tore my hamstring. The only way I figure I did that was at physio. Anyways, my whole leg, from thigh to toes on the outside was black from bruising. Nobody knew why, my pt, my doc, even my ortho, who saw the bruising, too, at my follow-up. We didn't know it had torn until two years ago, it showed on an MRI. The scar tissue from that, and the surgery, fused all the soft tissue in my thigh together. You can actually see the big hard mass that my thigh now is from the "clump". I was lucky, two years ago, to have a pt who was qualified in deep tissue massage, and she was able to break some of it up, but oh boy, did that hurt. WOWZERS for hours, during and after, every week, pure torture. I don't understand how they all missed it, as when I found out that's what happened, I researched and found that bruising like I had is a sign of a torn hamstring... Anyways... Also, since then, the lower part of my leg is hypersensitive to touch, like a bedsheet just lightly laying on top of it hurts. And I'm not exaggerating. To wear my boot at work is just pure h-e-double hockey sticks. But I get used to it after the first couple of hours. That, with the ITBS, sciatica pain down the back (which, the SI joint injection I had the other week has helped with that!! :D ) the arthritis in my knee and that hip, the spasms in my thigh causing my leg to give way, or just my knee giving out, my leg, well, just plain sucks... lol So that's my leg story and I'm stuck with it, along with my little piggy that's still stuck at the market!! 8}
    Kelly
  • advertisement
  • I wonder *if* they had discovered that sooner, they might have prevented the nerve damage, or some of it at least. Hind site stinks! (G)

Sleeping and pain of things touching it. I have that skin sensitivity around my ribs below my breasts and when I go out I use a 'abdominal brace' higher up of course, and wow what a difference. Thought - is it such that you can wrap an Ace bandage around your sensitive area when you sleep? See mine is sort of okay with the pressure of the brace, but it can't handle just a soft T-shirt brushing that skin without me going nuts. I wonder if that would help when you sleep?

Brenda
  • Okay, you're scaring me here!!! LOL We are too much alike.... You know what does help me when my leg is paining really bad? When I woke up from my foraminotomy, second to noticing that my neck was really stiff and hurt, but my arm pain was pretty much gone, was how good my leg felt! I asked them if they cut it off! They had put those anti-embolism socks on my legs. So they let me keep the pair, I guess they cost around $80 or so from what the nurses told me (I asked if they could slip me another pair, the quick answer was no, lol). And wearing that does help, it covers your whole leg and foot, and is very tight. I actually had it on all day today!
    Kelly
  • Naw, not scary, good! Great minds think alike!! I find that one of the *cough* pluses of being a spiney, and especially when in multiple areas affecting our bodies, we HAVE to get creative because as we know, some things won't change (or like thoracic - maybe not for years), pills and such don't always work, so wraps, canes, extra pillows, ice, heating etc. Where as doctors:

TENS/EMS
    Shots, shots and more shots.
    Different drugs - Opiates, narcotics, Analgesics etc.
    Chiro
    Massage
    PT...

Well you know, the list goes on. Our creative thinking sometimes gives us more relief! Like the buzz legs - press, rub, ahhhh (if only for a little bit). (G) Okay, I'll let you stay scared for a little bit - I see that sly smile! B)

Brenda
  • Don't forget heating pads and hot baths!! Or, like Lucy from Peanuts said "Happiness is a warm puppy!" :D Speaking of which, mine are ready to snuggle up in bed, guess I should go oblige them! Thanks Brenda!!
    Kelly
  • Aviatrix36440 said:
    Great minds think alike!!
    p.s. As kids, whenever we'd say that to my mom, she'd just give us a wry look and say "Yes, but fools seldom differ" :O LOL (we'll just stick with great minds!)
    Kelly
advertisement