Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Ho Ho OUCH

Comments

• cgm said:

Your Tummy? Your Side??????I'm 21 days post op today. Please tell me when you were able to sleep on either. I have always slept on my side and this back position suxs. I find that If I lean forward or to the sides I get quite off balance. I'm assuming this to be due from my muscle relaxer side effect. I only take them at night so I can sleep on my back :(

sorry for the thread jack.
    cgm
    CGM,

After surgery in the cervical, belly sleeping is pretty much done. I sleep on my back, and too on my side. You just want to make sure your neck is supported...but belly sleeping puts stress on your neck since your turning your head sideways to sleep. You might want to wait until you have a solid fusion. Just my thoughts... :)

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Aviatrix..........thanks. Not turning anywhere but sunnyside up for a while.
    I'm curious..how old are you....your heli accident? just wondering and it may be too personal...for which i apologize in advance
    cgm
  • advertisement
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,362
    Any thread of mine is yours...lol.

I've slept on my side ever since my surgery. I was lucky in that I've been able to sleep in my bed every night too. Actually, I've slept better since the surgery than I had in many months! Of course I've had a few not so good nights.

I've been wearing the soft collar at night to keep me from turning on my tummy but lately have ended up there anyway and wake up with my neck very stiff and sore. I don't know how to keep myself from doing that---maybe I need to strap a tennis ball on my tummy? :? lol

I hope that soon you can sleep better. Maybe if you use a pillow to rest your arm on it'll keep you from tipping over?

Debbie
  • Nope, not too personal at all! (G) I crashed a month before I turned 23, and had chronic issues throughout my spine until I turned 41 and the chiro/shots/meds no longer were working. At 42 the first hernia showed, and I put off surgery as long as I could (risked paralysis), so had to have the first one. Next was a little over a year later, and here I am now at 48, and more failures in my neck, and too the prior fusions. Thoracic is controllable most times, lumbar is getting to where I might have to bite the bullet - still putting it off though. :)

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Aviatix! Thanks for sharing...I figured you must have been in avionics or aviation. You've been through alot...so many folks here have been thru a helluva lot more that my little ACDF. Keeping a positive attitude on my end....especially after reading some stories here. I will say a prayer to the Pain gods to spare each and everyone on this site!
  • advertisement
advertisement