Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
Data Entry Job – SCAM!

We are aware that someone out there is using our CEO’s name and our company name to “recruit” people for a data entry job. It is a fake. Please do not give them any of your personal information. We are not now, nor have we ever, had data entry positions available.

For those of you you who know me or know of me ... FYI

advertisement

Comments

• Dave,

Naw, we'll "Bless" you instead. How's that! *HUGZ* I see your sense of humor is still there. Love ya darlin!!! :)

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • better :) , thats great your pain levels were reduced, and your concerns re your spinal probs addressed , as in you dont need to stress unduly re urgency

im sorry you didnt get much sleep, that sucks

re , telling the truth, i think you are aware of this, when someone feels like they want to "off themselves" AND have a plan, of how to do it, this IS potentially serious

dave you did the right thing in letting your drs no how and what was going on for you
    taking away of possesions and being watched is normal policy in this situation, hey , i can understand it was not nice , but, there are reasons for this
    good you have follow up with neuro
    and i hope you have follow up with mental health

so glad your feeling better , keep taking care of yourself
    hugs
    flower

• advertisement
  • I have had similar occurances, sometimes the truth isn't the best way unfortunately... Never tell them you considered Offing yourself - I do know that! I hope you are feeling a little better, it sure bites to hurt so bad. It just wears you down mentally and physically. I do hope you get some answers and some relief soon! Take care - Marion
  • At times of great distress I have stopped mid sentence while talking to medical people - realizing just how I would sound to them. Being in so much pain one thinks offing themselves would be a relief and one thinking about/planning it is different ( in my book of sanity lol ) :)

I really hope that the follow up care you need comes to you quickly :D

L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • Dave- I am sorry that your trip to the ER was a bad experience. I figured that this would happen.

I suspect like any medical field you have to "weed" through the pool of sharks to find your "golden tuna" erg... or a good trusting mental health care provider (that was humor btw).

Hang in there buddy,

Julie
  • advertisement
  • Just dropping in to see how you're doing. I've looked to see if you were in chat each time I come on, no luck there. I am thinking of you daily Dave!! *HUGZ*

Brenda
  • Oh Dave I have missed you!!! I am really glad that they got your pain level down....if nothing else THAT was worth it...right;). Wow I have been buggy on this thread..LOL.

I will be waiting to hear about updates from you....promise I wont be SO impatiant...;)

LOVE YOU DAVE!!!
  • Dave, I'm sorry you had such a bad time of it, though I am glad you had at least some pain relief during the ordeal! And, bright side maybe-you missed the giant snow storm there, yes? :)

It's lousy that the so called safety measures that they put in place to help us often result in negative actions being taken... common sense would have probably been better employed by the hospital staff in that instance!

With everything else you have going on, I hope that a few hours/days of pain relief have provided you with at least a little less stress, allowing you to handle all of the other stuffs!
  • MetalneckMetalneck The Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,789
    I can feel the love!! Things have settled back into their typical hurray up and wait pace round the old house. The big yellow dog ... who i have to have an big floppy ear hematoma repaired right before I went for my "little visit" and I are both on the mend. Still no word on Public Aid ... SSD .... action on the house (a good thing because if it sells or evicts or ?? I will be in my car or a shelter). I visit my regular doc tomorrow and will just try to get my meds set for the month. I am not going to get into the occurances over the weekend with him .... reallly nuttin to gain. I was VERY impressed that the Sr. Nurse clinician practitioner (the one who got me released, actually listened, and took charge of the debacle) called me late last night to see how I was doing. Amazing that even in the heigth of the rigormaroll .... that a single clinician rose above the questionable occurances and showed excedingly concern and humanity. Funny - I found out that his primary doc is my primary also. We both know a good doc when we know one. Unfortunately my doc trusted in the dreaded "hopitalists" to manage what went on with me over the weekend. Shouldn't have been an issue .... but times and healthcare are a changin. I know that my primary has been frustrated with the changes at the facility also. Anywho ..... thanks again for all your thoughts, prayers, concern, compassion, etc. I will be back in chat soon to attept to provide some levity, in the middle of our shared mudslids!!

X's and O's right on all your nose(s),

Dave
  • Dave,

Thanks so much for the update. Are you going to tell your PM doctor about this? I figure it might be a big wake up call for him to manage your pain better? I hope you hear something good real soon. Big *HUGZ* :)

Brenda
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.