Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Anyone have Nucleoplasty

ltstamplltstamp Posts: 38
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I was scheduled for ACDF and TDR on my neck. Then at my brace fitting my doctor came in and announced that he did not want to do surgery but would like to try nucleoplasty first.
So on the 16th I am getting this procedure. Anyone have any experience with this procedure? What were your outcomes?

I just hope it relieves the pain, numbness and weakness that I have been having in my arms, neck and now legs.

Also, has anyone had facial numbness related to cervical herniations?
advertisement

Comments

• I had a nucleoplasty with a discectomy about a month ago. It was in my lower back not my neck, but I assume the basic procedure is the same. There was definitely soreness and it was really tender after the procedure. Mine didn't work and I am still experiencing the same pain as before. But, I hope it works for you. Just be prepared to be super uncomfortable for a few days following the nucleoplasty, that's the one thing I have found my doctor has downplayed the most, probably because he's never gone through the pain or procedures. As far as the numbness, I also have a herniated disc in my neck and have slight tingling in my lower jaw sometimes but mostly I just get really bad pressure headaches. Good luck!
  • Thanks. They told me I could go back to work the next day (I am a teacher) but I am a little nervous. They always make it sound like you will be fine right after but it always takes a few days to get back from some procedures.
    Brokengirl said:
    I had a nucleoplasty with a discectomy about a month ago. It was in my lower back not my neck, but I assume the basic procedure is the same. There was definitely soreness and it was really tender after the procedure. Mine didn't work and I am still experiencing the same pain as before. But, I hope it works for you. Just be prepared to be super uncomfortable for a few days following the nucleoplasty, that's the one thing I have found my doctor has downplayed the most, probably because he's never gone through the pain or procedures. As far as the numbness, I also have a herniated disc in my neck and have slight tingling in my lower jaw sometimes but mostly I just get really bad pressure headaches. Good luck!
  • advertisement
  • Oh my, you were right on. I am uncomfortable. I did go to work the next day but felt bad. My numbness and tingly feeling is just the same. I also have the headaches. I feel like this was a waste of time. I know that I have to give it more days to feel better but I have heard that the results are almost immediate if it is going to work.