Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

At last, news of fusion underway!!!!!

jellyhalljjellyhall Posts: 4,345
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Recovering from Surgery

<:P <:P <:P <:P <:P <:P <:P <:P <br />Time to party!!!

I had a call from my physiotherapist this morning. He had viewed my x-rays and discussed them with my surgeon.
My surgeon says that the hardware is in place and everything looks as he would expect. He also said that fusion is under way!!! Yeay!!!!!!

That is just what I wanted to hear. What a great Christmas present.

My physio asked about the slipping feeling that I am having. The surgeon said that does happen sometimes. Something about the ligaments tightening which could take up to 18 months. Don't know quite what all that is about, but I feel so reassured that my fusion is underway (Can you tell?).

I am 9 months after my surgery now, so I have been waiting a very long time for this news. It has made my day. :D

Hope everyone else is having a good day too.

Happy Christmas to you all. >:D< >:D< >:D<

advertisement

Comments

• j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,745
    Good, Good, Good for you! =D>
    Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • What a great Christmas Present! Congrats!
  • advertisement
  • I could not be more thrilled for you!

How wonderful that you do not have to wait 3 more months to hear this wonderful news either.

Merry Christmas Indeed!
  • So good to hear fusion is happening !!! :D

Yes, what a great Christmas gift!

Remember my 3-level C-Spine years ago it was 8 months for me to hear "successful fusion and all looks good!" and the relief and joy.

Best to you and that your recovery continues to go well into the final phase. >:D<

Janelle

• Thanks for sharing such GREAT news woman! You're right, that is one wonderful Christmas present, and a great way to enter into the new year!! *HUGZ*

Congrats!!!

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • advertisement
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,362
    Wonderful news!! I know what a relief that must be.

Great Christmas present for sure!

Debbie
  • Santa was very, very good to you...woohoo!! Always great to see for yourself that it is fusing. What kind of limitations are you having to follow now?

I hope that I will have similar news tomorrow when I have my thoracic and lumbar MRI's. I'm not so convinced mine is going to be good news, but sometimes just having a diagnosis is better than the unknown.

Sorry to hijack your thread. I'm so excited for you, since I remember you were having to wait till March to know how things were going on back there.

Merry Christmas, Jelly!!!

Lisa
  • Santa was very, very good to you...woohoo!! Always great to see for yourself that it is fusing. What kind of limitations are you having to follow now?

I hope that I will have similar news tomorrow when I have my thoracic and lumbar MRI's. I'm not so convinced mine is going to be good news, but sometimes just having a diagnosis is better than the unknown.

Sorry to hijack your thread. I'm so excited for you, since I remember you were having to wait till March to know how things were going on back there.

Merry Christmas, Jelly!!!

Lisa

• Thanks everyone for sharing my enthusiasm about my fusing spine! >:D<

My surgeon was never one for giving me restrictions as to what I could do. At 3 months (last time I saw him) he said I could "do anything, including sports, and get back to my normal life". He had said that at 2 months, but when I questioned him about specifics like lifting my granddaughter, vacuuming and gardening, he said to wait a bit longer.

I certainly found that some things caused pain though, so avoided those things, or at least was very careful.

Having read of stories on here of people wishing that they been more cautious after fusion surgery, because they had gone on to have the adjacent levels go, has always made me be careful. I had already been told that the level above and below my spondylolisthesis were degenerated.

Wishing you all a Comfortable Christmas and a Healthy New Year. <:P <br /> >:D< >:D< >:D<
  • Ms. Jelly,

Glad to see that you are seeing others that were given the green light, only to have issues later. No rush okay? I know our bodies are GREAT at telling us what is wrong, but I've (and I am sure you) have found that you pay later. Please try and keep activities so you don't have those "pay later" phases! You're doing great woman!!! *HUGZ*

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
advertisement